• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Non-AC driver side fresh air vent question

JKCuda

Reaction score
Reinstalling my dash after a frame up resto and have a question about mounting this vent. I have an AMD cowl and there are no holes for mounting this vent on the driver side. Should I drill holes and use screws or self-tappers? Unfortunately I wasn’t the one who removed the dash so I’m not sure what it looked like assembled and I can’t seem to find any photos online. Also, better to do this after mounting the dash to ensure it fits?

Thanks!

heminut

Reaction score
The holes for the cowl vents have a lip about 1" tall around them. If you don't have that lip you could most likely get water in the car when driving in the rain or while washing the car.

JKCuda

Reaction score
The holes for the cowl vents have a lip about 1" tall around them. If you don't have that lip you could most likely get water in the car when driving in the rain or while washing the car.
Yes…I have that. I’m asking how the actual 90 degree L shaped vent mounts under the dash.

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Give me a minute, I will send a pic. I am at the same point getting ready tomount the dash

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Originally 3 studs were tack welded to the bottom of the cowl so there are no holes for water to leak in.
you could use rivnuts & seal the threads

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Give me a minute, I will send a pic. I am at the same point getting ready tomount the dash
The whole is 7in. With 3 bolts to hold the fresh air box.

20230903_193007.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
Of you don't have the ability to weld the three studs on, you can certainly drill holes and use rivnuts like Chryco Physco suggested. These actually work very well.

61AxaGroeAL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

rivnut - rivet nut 2.jpg

Back