• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

"Building My Dream" by 72 Chally

72chally440

Reaction score
Progress report. Before you give me *&#@ I know! I know! I should have dropped the body over the K Member, with Engine and Trans. Unfortunately, My son was doing a magazine article on the CPP brake kit and upper control arms, so I couldn't get everything else prepped in time to do it the "right way." Here's where I'm at. Now sitting on all four wheels for the first time in about 1 1/2 years. Front suspension is in, rear suspension is in. Frame Connectors and Torque boxes are in. I boxed in the Lower Control arms with the PST stiffening plates, which worked beautifully. Brake system at 90%. (I need to adjust some brake lines to work with the CPP kit.) As you can see the CPP brake Booster and Master are enormous. I am a bit concerned if they will work properly with my engine setup and the anticipated TTI headers I will be using. I searched like crazy and could not find any photos or quality reviews from anyone else using that setup. The rest of the CPP kit fit beautifully and I love their tubular Upper Control arms.
SDC11677.JPG
SDC11672.JPG
SDC11668.JPG
SDC11665.JPG

72chally440

Reaction score
things are starting to move again on this project. Trans rebuilt and upgraded with lots of parts from Cope Racing and other suppliers. The heater box was freshened up. Starting to prep interior and under carriage. Looking for help on the part pictured on red blanket. I lost some photos and can't remember where that came from. (pics appreciated) Also, If anyone can post pics of brake line routing under the car. (particularly where the mounting tabs and clips are located) I can't find my pics of those either and not much available online or in my service manual. Just a point to anyone looking to do a restoration. Be sure to keep photos of everything in one safe place. I had mine scattered over multiple devices. In the years since I started several computers crashed or were no longer available, I destroyed a camera, and changed over Cellphones. I think this resulted in lost documentation. I now have everything I could locate on one external hard drive.

SDC11868.JPG

SDC11869.JPG

SDC11867.JPG

440jimr

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the part; the car is coming along nicely, I love the B5!

72chally440

Reaction score
Moving faster now... Dynamat installed, side windows and door hardware back in, rear tail panel painted and tail lights restored, roof rail and door weatherstrips installed. Getting everything prepared to install interior. More to come Heres a few pics

SDC11923.JPG

SDC11927.JPG

SDC11928.JPG

SDC11929.JPG

1969VADart

Reaction score
Seeing as how I am hoping to start a 72 project soon, I need to start following this. I may have a ton of questions as I move along as I am new to the E-body space. Looking back through your thread, I have a question. Did you build your own rollers to move the car around once you moved the rear axle and K-member or did you purchase that somewhere? Car is beautiful by the way.

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
looking good! I love the challengers in blue! I also have that brake kit 6374BB4-8D..if that is the same one...Im sure I will have a few questions if you dont mind..I want to put it on before I put the dash back into my car..Im not very limber to climb back under the dash to hook it up to the pedal assembly

72chally440

Reaction score
Yes I built my own rollers. Mounted them to K member mounts and front Leaf spring mounts. Dont use the crappy inflatable rubber tires like I did. They failed. Get the solid wheels. Be sure to connect the front two drop brackets with at least one cross member. Put swivels in front and fixed directional in back. Worked great for transport to sand blaster, body shop, around my garage, etc..

72chally440

Reaction score
Interior done. Working on fuel system conversion to electric pump with return system. The rear section is done; tank, filter, pump,and new vapor seperator hoses. New inline tube fuel, return, and vent line setup to front. I can't really set up the front system until I get the engine in and decide whether I want to mount the bypass regulator on the firewall or if it will work on a regulator mount from the carb. Wiper Motor restored by Moparleo reference here on FEBO, Bruce Somer. Grill cleaned and repainted emblem restored. (Mine was originally light argent, but with the black hood I intend to install, I didn't want argent up front. I'm also prepping to get the windshield and rear window installed.

SDC11953.JPG

SDC11902.JPG

SDC11949.JPG

SDC11957.JPG

SDC11959.JPG

SDC11956.JPG

72chally440

Reaction score
I do have a question if anyone can help out. I replaced by rear deck filler with an AMD panel. It does not have pins or holes for the reveal molding. I bought screw in type to secure the trim. Does anyone have a picture or diagram indicating how many of these there should be and measurements on where these should be located?

72chally440

Reaction score
I found the best answer to the above Trim clip question on another Challenger site. For those with my same dilemma; the answer is simple. There are holes underneath the deck filler panel on the rear package tray/speaker panel. Look up under the deck filler and you can see those holes. They are larger than the trim clip screws to allow clearance. Install screw in style trim clips at those locations. Mine had 8. I'll post pictures asap

72chally440

Reaction score
Progress update. Located a deal on new Goodmark bumpers and installed the rear. Fit was good. Quality not as good as original, but for the cost of rechroming vs these it was a no brainer for this car.

SDC11976.JPG

72chally440

Reaction score
Prepping Engine for Dyno. Double checked valve adjustment. Had to make my own regulator bracket. started setting up Lokar cables. Mocked up the TTi headers and cut plug wires to length. made a bracket to mount coil close to distributor
SDC11969.JPG
SDC11989.JPG
SDC11990.JPG
SDC11992.JPG
SDC11970.JPG
SDC11971.JPG

quapman

Reaction score
The mystery part might be the fuel vent return line that goes to the charcoal canister under the hood. I have no ref pic right now, sorry.

72chally440

Reaction score
I could use a little help here. Not sure what clips are used to secure the Headlamp panel molding to the headlamp panel (See pic). I can't find pics online. I probably have the clips somewhere, but don't know what to look for. (The body shop took them off, so I never saw them.) Laysons restorations list a part # 356-40713 for them but the pic won't open. Apparently not reproduced..
SDC12110.JPG

Back