• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Car covers

Reaction score
so I got a cover for Christmas made by oer #mt4114b the material is fine but it is seriously tight, claims to fit 70-72 challenger super tight on my 72.
Wondering what everyone is using? car lives in garage using to keep dirt and dust off as it’s a working garage.
Thanks for any input

Avalanche

Reaction score
If the car is being stored inside, the cover is only for dust. No need to go crazy on an expensive cover. But if your looking to spend, California is one of the best.
Good luck.

hofilbert

Reaction score
If the car is being stored inside, the cover is only for dust. No need to go crazy on an expensive cover. But if your looking to spend, California is one of the best.
Good luck.
Well, there is a little more to that. I had a flannel on my black Mustang because the flannel is less likely to scratch a black car and is almost impossible to do so. The other thing I liked about the flannel is it is a thicker material and absorbs bumps, knocks, etc. without problems to your car. I have a wife that loves to garden, so garden tools occasionally get nearby, plus she'll walk by my car and give it a rub every now an then. The thicker flannel will help protect your car from some family carelessness.

Last edited:

Avalanche

Reaction score
Well, there is a little more to that. I had a flannel on my black Mustang because the flannel is less likely to scratch a black car and is almost impossible to do so. The other thing I liked about the flannel is it is a thicker material and absorbs bumps, knocks, etc. without problems to your car. I have a wife that loves to garden, so garden tools occasionally get nearby, plus she'll walk be my car and give it a rub every now an then. The thicker flannel will help protect your car from some family carelessness.
Well, there is a little more to that. I had a flannel on my black Mustang because the flannel is less likely to scratch a black car and is almost impossible to do so. The other thing I liked about the flannel is it is a thicker material and absorbs bumps, knocks, etc. without problems to your car. I have a wife that loves to garden, so garden tools occasionally get nearby, plus she'll walk be my car and give it a rub every now an then. The thicker flannel will help protect your car from some family carelessness.

I hear ya, I had my brother drop a 6'stepladder on my challenger, the cover didn't help.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
so I got a cover for Christmas made by oer #mt4114b the material is fine but it is seriously tight, claims to fit 70-72 challenger super tight on my 72.
Wondering what everyone is using? car lives in garage using to keep dirt and dust off as it’s a working garage.
Thanks for any input
Sounds like you have a cover for a Cuda.

DodgeGuy

Reaction score
I use a Budge car cover. They have different indoor/outdoor applications. I ordered the best inside cover they had IIRC. It was somewhere around $70. It was rated very well for dust protection and "breathability" (lol, whatever the heck that really means)

It fits perfectly.

racerkilla

Reaction score
Semi expensive but I use a car capsule.. I have had it blown up since mid oct and still not one piece of dust or dirt on the matte black hood, Also keep the moisture out of it completely.

bubble1.png

seneca

Reaction score
California Car Cover - Stormweave. Has a flannel interior and a soft vinyl exterior with enough thickness to absorb a minor bump. $200.99 in 2014.

Reaction score
I use a cheap medium size car cover to keep the dust off indoors and lay cloth material thick quilted type packing blankets over areas that people walk by or may get bumped. Worked on my survivor AAR for the last 39 years.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I have them all from a California Car Cover for my red Charger to a Budge on my Challenger to a couple of $30.00 or $40.00 Walmart cheapies on the other Charger & Road Runner project cars. I mainly use the for keeping the dust off of course but also I do a lot of Fabricating in the garage so they help with sparks from the welder, grinders & any over spray from anything else that I might be spray painting as well.

Back