• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Carpet

Logger10

Reaction score
I need to order a carpet for my 72 Challenger Rallye. I am considering the Legendary Auto Interiors 2 piece moulded product. Has anyone here used this product? I would appreciate any feedback or recommendations on other products also. Thank you!

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I got my carpet from Year One. The manufacturer is actually ACC. Not sure if Legendary gets theirs from ACC or not. I was very happy with ACC's product. If you are in a hurry, find out which dealer can drop ship it quickest if you can't buy direct. Good luck.

heminut

Reaction score
I got mine from Classic Auto Carpet and paid the extra for the mass backing, which is a kind of heavy rubber backing that is bonded to the backside of the carpet. It was definitely worth the extra cost! The carpet laid down great and looks really good and the mass backing helps a lot with the sound deadening.

Logger10

Reaction score
I need to order a carpet for my 72 Challenger Rallye. I am considering the Legendary Auto Interiors 2 piece moulded product. Has anyone here used this product? I would appreciate any feedback or recommendations on other products also. Thank you!
Thank you all for your responses!

Adam

Reaction score
I got my carpet from Year One. The manufacturer is actually ACC. Not sure if Legendary gets theirs from ACC or not. I was very happy with ACC's product. If you are in a hurry, find out which dealer can drop ship it quickest if you can't buy direct. Good luck.
I agree, I recently helped install an ACC carpet. It was super thin; I could see daylight through it while holding it up to the sun. It is nowhere near the thickness and quality of factory carpet. I’m wondering if they outsourced them to China. Also, it wasn’t molded accurately at all; big bulges and wrinkles in all the wrong places. If I have to steam iron a carpet into submission I might as well use a better/thicker generic carpet.

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
That was not my experience with the ACC mass backed carpet. Floor contour molding was not perfect where the seat belt retractors sit on the floor for 70 models, but it was pretty darn good. Here's a pic before final trimming for the door sill plates.

009.jpg

JDMopar

Reaction score
ACC is the only mfg of auto carpet. They bought out their competitors, so no matter who you buy carpet from, it is ACC carpet. All I've ever used is ACC, and never had a complaint. Rock Auto is usually cheapest.

Back