• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger 73 to 70 grille swap?

73E

Reaction score
Are these 2 grilles interchangeable? Or are there other parts needed to accomplish? Looking to see how hard to go from Challenger 73 grille, to a 70
Thanks

Last edited:

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I haven't done it myself, but I believe there are all kinds of differences in mounting them and mounting points. 70's are a one year only on most everything.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
The header panel is a main thing that needs to be changed to a 1970 one. I don’t know about the front end wiring harness because 1970 has the turn signals in the grille, whether the plugs are the same and if they can be re-routed. I also heard there’s differences in the headlight buckets (welded/bolted). I don’t think that’ll hinder the grille installation though.

EDIT: Disregard this post, OP cleared up that's it's a Challenger, not 'Cuda (as I assumed)

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Any how. It was a bright sunny day, mostly mopars around.
1706058201688.jpeg
1706058124732.jpeg

73E

Reaction score
My bad…. This is for Challenger

dodj

Reaction score
Headlight buckets are part of the fender on a '70, part of the header panel on a '73.
I changed the grille of my '73 to a '70 by first getting the grille and headlight surrounds and then buying the fender headlight bracket/panel (whatever you want to call it) from a guy with trashed fenders.
Fit the 70 headlight brackets to the 73 fender. Have to take your time making sure you have them positioned properly by mocking up the whole grille assy to make sure everything aligns properly.
Then...your bumper will have to move back or it will look kind of goofy. You will have to slot and notch the bumper brackets to be able to move the bumper back over an inch.

Back