• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger Hood Scoop Install

Loganbuilt

Reaction score
I purchased a flat glass hood and a scoop from AAR fiberglass for my fathers 70 challenger race car for Christmas. I would like to get it mounted before I give it to him. Im wanting to know if anyone could get me a measurement of the center measurement of the carburetor from the rear of the hood and iirc the engine is offset to the passenger slightly? His engine is still in factory location. I would like to drill the hole for the carb before I mount the scoop. Any help is appreciated!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
He says he’s purchased a new hood and scoop so worst case scenario we see them end up in the parts for sale forum but I’m guessing this son knows his father.
What engine is in this race car?

Loganbuilt

Reaction score
For the last 16 years it’s been a factory block based 440 which came out to be 498 w the stroker crank and rods. Indy 440-1 heads, Indy intake, pro systems 1050 dominator carb. Crane .630 roller cam. 12.5:1 comp. had a block failure late in the season this year and is building an aftermarket block 540 for next year. Car is just a bracket car, runs 6.20s/9.80s

Back