• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Chick with a Cuda

340 Slapstick

Reaction score
wecome from St Louis. Love the color and the wing. Oh and I highly suggest downloading the service manual but don't print it unless you want to go through a whole ream of paper.

Last edited:

Rob C

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! As you can see I’m not here often. Good to see this post/thread. It’ll give me something good to check in on.
SEPT- OCT 2021

Couple other small projects over a few months. Both practical safety and just vanity. Replaced the normal headlamps with Oracle Halo bulbs and LED bulbs for the tail lights. Wanted to brighten everything up for better visibility. I also learned about having to upgrade relays and that the Hazard relay is not the same as the turn signal relay... ((Electrical systems are NOT my forte...)) I installed the headlamps just as is because it was getting dark and I needed to not spend the night in the Summit parking lot... But the plan is to set up the wiring so the halos will light with the ignition like daytime running lights, and only the LED's will turn on/off with the switch.

View attachment 89707

View attachment 89709

View attachment 89710

View attachment 89711

View attachment 89712

View attachment 89713

RICO

Reaction score
Welcome from Los Angeles congrats on your first Cuda!!!! great job

Daves69

Reaction score
If I may ask, What are you soldering and why.

a bulb socket repair possibly?
1643921786316.png

moparmike1974

Reaction score
How old are you? Last time I tried to crawl under a dash upside down I got stuck there for two weeks. :) Now I just bite the bullet and yank the seat, much more comfortable.
Thats a nice looking car, dont go down the restoration rabbit hole. I have had my cuda for 20 years and have never driven it! Just started the restoration a couple months ago.
Those headlights are amazing compared to the stockers.

chickwitha_Cuda

Reaction score
:welcome:aboard.
I hope you addressed the kick-down linkage. If not, do not drive it until you do. The kickdown lever controls the transmission fluid pressure inside the trans. Without it you will damage the transmission.
Great start on your project.
Kick down linkage was the first thing repaired. I'm not so much a novice that I didn't know to do that first.

chickwitha_Cuda

Reaction score
How old are you? Last time I tried to crawl under a dash upside down I got stuck there for two weeks. :) Now I just bite the bullet and yank the seat, much more comfortable.
Thats a nice looking car, dont go down the restoration rabbit hole. I have had my cuda for 20 years and have never driven it! Just started the restoration a couple months ago.
Don't you know you never ask a woman how old she is? 😂 I'll say I'm in my 30's but i'm not getting more specific than that...

chickwitha_Cuda

Reaction score
Welcome from WA state. As most everyone is saying, great project car. One thing I am sure you have experienced is that every Mopar person (car person) has his or her own likes, dislikes and opinions and this forum like them all are full of them. You appear to have a solid plan or perhaps better said, a good sense of direction in that you addressed the suspension, brakes and lighting out of the gate. Many people get very wrapped up in what to do and when to do it, you are following the path that many of as youths took, fix what needs to be fixed and modify or change what you feel you need to.

Many of us have had E bodies for many years (I think I got my first one in 78 and currently have 2), so there is a lot of experience here. Some of us are into restorations while others like me are more about restomods while others are all about race cars, in other words there is a good mix here.

Have you down loaded the Factory Service Manual (FSM) yet? If not, you should as there is a wealth of knowledge in it. You can get the 72 Chassis service manual from here (same as a 73 and 74)

Service Manuals – MyMopar

I would also get the 70 and 71 manuals, while there is some differences between the 70, 71 and 72-74 these manuals will all be very helpful.

Good luck and do not hesitate to post a question or even a want ad should you need something.
The library is already well underway…

Attachments

• 450A4069-5AE4-4C62-9BDB-1CA16DA7FC15.jpeg
    450A4069-5AE4-4C62-9BDB-1CA16DA7FC15.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 134

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
It's not the age it's the miles!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Just want to point out some PMS. Periodic maintenance stuff. The RED 16 wire connector and the Black 18 wire connector. should be checked on the bulkhead connector.Unplug from under hood.pinch top and bottom of connector to release.If it takes a lot of force and it won't come off.It' might be burnt and melted.If it comes off. clean and grease with dielectric grease. All other should be done too.IF any thing check the two important one's. This is a description of the battery power and charging circuit. ///1:RED wire 16 Battery power yellow dot to splice one feeds fuse block, //2:charge wire 18 black wire blue dots to splice one through amp meter to red wire blue dot 16 to battery, //////3:ACC feed from splice 1 Red wire Q3_12R yellow dot to steering column. Black wire 12BK red dot to ACC side of fuse box. ALL THE POWER flows through these two connectors. Power from battery and power from alternator and charging battery.
This might have already been done. but better safe than sorry!

E BODY ACC BATT ALT WIRES.jpg.jpeg

Last edited:

chickwitha_Cuda

Reaction score
Just want to point out some PMS. Periodic maintenance stuff. The RED 16 wire connector and the Black 18 wire connector. should be checked on the bulkhead connector.Unplug from under hood.pinch top and bottom of connector to release.If it takes a lot of force and it won't come off.It' might be burnt and melted.If it comes off. clean and grease with dielectric grease. All other should be done too.IF any thing check the two important one's. This is a description of the battery power and charging circuit. ///1:RED wire 16 Battery power yellow dot to splice one feeds fuse block, //2:charge wire 18 black wire blue dots to splice one through amp meter to red wire blue dot 16 to battery, //////3:ACC feed from splice 1 Red wire Q3_12R yellow dot to steering column. Black wire 12BK red dot to ACC side of fuse box. ALL THE POWER flows through these two connectors. Power from battery and power from alternator and charging battery.
This might have already been done. but better safe than sorry!

View attachment 90578
I'm.... Not from your country? Seriously, anything electrical is greek to me... 😅 But I'm sure I've got someone in my life who can translate that for me... Also:: Your responses to my commenters is hilarious! Keep it up!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Sitting here eyeing up your rear end in the air. Remembering I always liked the keystone's! what size are the tires? Be safe under there.what's going on under there?

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
About the electrical. there are two plugs in the engine driver side firewall compartment. the two larger one's.unplug and see if the look ok. when you get a chance.That's all.

Back