• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

chrome bumpers......best ones?

cuda8u

Reaction score
who makes the best repo bumpers for '70 challenger?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I would take the lack of responses to your question as a sign that you should find a set of rechromed or nice originals. I bought a Goodmark rear bumper for my `68 Road Runner and it looks good new and should do fine for a seldom driven vehicle but we'll see how long the chrome holds up. I also notice that it feels like it's a lighter gauge steel. I haven't seen an AMD firsthand, anybody else?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would suggest AMD . they seem to be the most particular about fit , I had my original rechromed & it did not fit the same when it returned so they must have straightened it even though I told them not to

shadango

Reaction score
...or they kept yours as a core and gave you a different one maybe?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
or I marked my bumper & did get it back [ I did] but we had to remove the taillight panel to get the new trunk floor in & the back of the car is not quite the same shape or they simply straightened the bumper , who know where the truth is

Moparparts

Reaction score
Go with a good straight original and have it rechromed it is made of much better steel and the chrome job on those remakes is terrible not near show and yes they are tinny. I have some nice original cores if needed. AIH in Iowa is a very good place to get bumpers rechromed that will last and they have a transferable lifetime guarantee ask for Steve and tell him Don from PA told you to call

ramenth

Reaction score
Go with a good straight original and have it rechromed it is made of much better steel and the chrome job on those remakes is terrible not near show and yes they are tinny. I have some nice original cores if needed. AIH in Iowa is a very good place to get bumpers rechromed that will last and they have a transferable lifetime guarantee ask for Steve and tell him Don from PA told you to call

That's hard to find, no matter where you go, no matter what you buy.

I can't chime in with any experience on AMD or Goodmark. Last time I needed some serious chroming done I shipped it all out and had it rechromed. More than likely will do so again.

burdar

Reaction score
For nicer bumpers then AMD's and a lot cheaper then rechroming originals, look into Keystone bumpers. They are chromed in Wisconsin. Dave at Rosevillemoparts.com sells them.

I had my original antenna bezel rechromed at AIH. It cost me $50 but it looks great. They want close to $600 to rechrome an E-body bumper so I'll be doing buisness with Tri-City plating for those.

Back