• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Clutch help plz !!!

dentwizgen

Reaction score
I have a 70 440 challenger and just had centerforce duel frinction clutch put in.
It's been in about a month, I have a 250 miles on it and babying it . I am not sure if is installed right or what, It seems hard to press, lets up at the top and right after I release it, I hear spring noise. Got any ideas? Or is this nature of this clutch?
Also , the return spring was removed and directions stated to do.

Any ideas ????:confused:

ramenth

Reaction score
I have a 70 440 challenger and just had centerforce duel frinction clutch put in.
It's been in about a month, I have a 250 miles on it and babying it . I am not sure if is installed right or what, It seems hard to press, lets up at the top and right after I release it, I hear spring noise. Got any ideas? Or is this nature of this clutch?
Also , the return spring was removed and directions stated to do.

Any ideas ????:confused:

How's the clutch itself feel? Any slippage, chattering, etc? If not, and you've got the right amount of free play on the pedal I'd be tempted to overlook it unless it's driving you nutty.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the centfical sliders could be binding in the clutch fingers , I am not a fan of the Cforce clutchs & personally only use McLeod , preferably the BB long style

Back