• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Clutch problems

tonysrt

Reaction score
That could be the difference with that 2". It'll give you throw at the very beginning of the pedal throw, then adjust rod for the free play. It might make everybody happier!

tonysrt

Reaction score
the 7" rod may not be for A bodies. It just may help him out of something that may be different in his installation. Just ask for the longer rod and don't be so concerned whether A body. I have an E body.

tonysrt

Reaction score
Year one lists the 2 different size rods, 5"& 7" so call them and order the 7" rod. I have an e body with a gen 2 hemi & 5 speed tremic tranny, and don't remember if I had to go to the bigger rod. I did this installation about 15 years ago so can't remember all the details, just know it's been working well all these years. Car was original 4 speed so came with all the goodies factory installed.

ebody70

Reaction score
I would be more concerned about why the adjuster is on and angle , the adjuster should be perfectly aligned with the grommit on the end of the clutch fork .

SFEbody

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture they can post of the clutch fork pivot? I think mine is missing???

tonysrt

Reaction score
There is one pivot ball on the bell housing and one on the frame rail and it should be Perpendicular to the frame and the bell housing.

tonysrt

Reaction score
There's a tongue on the fork and a receptor in the bell housing that holds the fork. The tongue on the fork is about 1/2 wide and about 2" long and sits in the metal receptor that's bolted in the bell housing. So it's not really a pivot ball, just a pivot point. I hope this clears that up.

tonysrt

Reaction score
Here's a pic from the service manual.

DSCN4279.JPG

SFEbody

Reaction score
Gracias Tony, thats what I'm missing..... thank god for this forum, I am so grateful for everyone's help. Brian

tonysrt

Reaction score
I don't know if that pivot is available new by itself. I see Year one sells it with the fork, but its pricey. Maybe there's one somebody that has kicking around that they can spare. Good luck.

SFEbody

Reaction score
Thanks Lee,,,,,,I do have it but failed to find that pivot metal piece....better get my eye glasses changed

Back