• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Clutching slipping

Justin W

Reaction score
hi guys

So I getting slippage on my clutch at hard throttle at 3500 rpm, I’ve put 2 new clutches and still same thing. At normal speed it works fine, if I can’t figure it out I’m going back to auto which I hate to do

tonysrt

Reaction score
You're sure throw out is not touching fingers on clutch. Make sure fingers are not bent or touching throw out at all. I have a Ram clutch and no problems. Did you replace clutch and disc or just clutch? What condition is the flywheel surface? Those are the only things to cause the problem.

Justin W

Reaction score
I’ll double check that, and yea I replaced both disk and clutch. Flywheel was good. Another the adjustable clutch screw that goes on the z bar? I have mine almost screwed to the tip, should it be adjusted more in or?

Daves69

Reaction score
Watch all the components for any loss motion while a helper pushes the clutch in and out. Repair anything that is worn as this will eat up your adjustment on the rod.
Back off your plate departure adjustment then adjust in to it (around 0.060" with a feeler gauge). This is a just a starting point to work from. If the parts are correct for the application and are not damaged you should be good.
ClutchAdj.jpg

tonysrt

Reaction score
If all else is good just make sure you have enough clearance between throwout brg. & clutch as stated above. There is a small block rod and big block rod, so as long as no clutch contact when pedal released, thread left on rod doesn't mean much, you should be good. I drove my hemi 5 speed today and no slippage at all.

Justin W

Reaction score
Gotcha thanks for the good info, going to check everything tonight

Back