• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cuda from northwest indiana

Doc

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Doc. Here is a pic of my 70 cuda convertible. My father in law got it in '78 with 55 k miles and currently has 64 ish right now. It needs restored, but I'm keeping it rolling and driving it as much as I can.
Specs:
70 cuda convertible built Sept 69
383 big block
727 auto trans
Not sure on gear yet
Lemon twist yellow
black interior w buckets and floor shift console
Road lights (missing)
elastomeric front bumper (currently has chrome)
factory am 1 speaker radio
Factory hood pins option
4 wheel manual drums
Power steering
It's also supposed to have the hockey stripes.
So at this time I'm trying to keep it running and driving till I decide to to the restoration.

Hope the pics show up..

20140814_192145.jpg

IMG_24402597735687.jpg

Doc

Reaction score
Sorry the pic is sideways.. lol. No clue why it did that.

Doc

Reaction score
Well, I've been putting miles on it as much as I can. I don't own garage ornaments, lol.
With that being said, I need to get some things done. The left engine mount ripped in half when the throttle cable stuck wide open, which threw the fan through the fan shroud. Awesome.
I'm looking at the Schumacher poly engine mounts. They are on sale starting today. Is the vibration really that bad? Or should I stick with rubber and use the straps? I also have an exhaust leak at the manifold/head. So the engine has to be yanked out in order to drill/grind the rest of the rotten long nut garbage. (Passenger side) . So the new mounts, and manifolds will be getting new studs and nut kits, along with gaskets. I'm aware that they came without from the factory, idc, I just want that quiet again lol.
I'm also looking at freshening up the front end parts, are the "kits" from classic industries etc worth it? I'm not dumping thousands into it as of yet, just want it safe to keep rolling for now. Here is a more current pic..

20150725_120219_1438955066104.jpg

Doc

Reaction score
Another pic with no filters etc.. just my galaxy s6

20150714_104149_1438955152759.jpg

js29

Reaction score
I am more of a body man then A mechanic, but I have not had good luck with exhaust gaskets. wile you have it apart have the manifolds planed at A machine shop. get a stud and nut kit, and put it back together without gaskets. you should be fine, exhaust manifolds tend to warp especially if they were run loose like that.

Back