• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dash vin plate

Superstar

Reaction score
I ruined my dash vin plate drilling out the rivets to replace pad . Who can make a replacemen one

AUSTA

Reaction score
AG Backeast may do them Grand Junction
The damaged original carries more validity than the copy i would keep it with the vehicle should there be any doubt.
Or you could repair it respray & get the replacement Chrysler logo transfer from ECS

Superstar

Reaction score
1970 challenger 318 auto. Console . Doing floors and trunk. Rest is good .. The back east place is expensive . No way would I pay That . Is there any other place

Adam

Reaction score
Most places view it as illegal to recreate a vin tag and are not much help. Other places allow it, with DMV approval. Can you flatten out and fill in the damage where the rivets spun? If you can, I would prime the filled areas, wet sand the primer, and paint it with a quality black satin paint. Then get the rivets and vin logo from ECS....there is no easier way to duplicate that logo.

Superstar

Reaction score
Drill bit broke and rammed right into the metal f it up. Took out 1/4 of the plate with the drill chuck. cant fix it. Pissed me off.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Damn! I would have been furious with myself. Most things we call mistakes end up being expensive...

brian6pac

Reaction score
I took a 2" angle grinder and ground the back side of the rivet off and they popped right out, never spun a rivet. I guess this is advise for next time.

brian6pac

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the plate

Image1.jpg

Back