• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dash emblem and vin number reattach?

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Had dash pad restored and took these off. Wanting to know the best way to reattach them.

20230914_210001.jpg

Hartman-52

Reaction score
Roseville Moparts sell the rivets for the VIN.
[/URL][/URL]

For the dash Barracuda emblem, I'd just use a two part epoxy for vinyl.
The $45.00 for two silly rivets just because they have a hex top is laughable and a total rip off. You could buy over 500 regular rivets for that money.

There is a way to beat that and maintain the authentic look. You can use a small die grinder to grind off the backside of the rivet stud and then remove the VIN plate and keep the top part of the rivet and the piece of stud that goes through the rivet.

Now when you put the VIN plate back on, use a thin two-sided tape and then use a dab of epoxy in the rivet hole and underside of the rivet and insert them into the VIN plate holes.

Now take the $45.00 bucks plus shipping cost and go buy a bunch of beer.

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Lol,
No way was I going to pay 45 for 2, 2 cent rivets. As far as for buying beer, had to cut that out. Budget all goes into this f- ing car.

Thanks, will try that, have similar rivets.

Hartman-52

Reaction score
Lol,
No way was I going to pay 45 for 2, 2 cent rivets. As far as for buying beer, had to cut that out. Budget all goes into this f- ing car.

Thanks, will try that, have similar rivets.
To maintain that non tampered OEM look, you need those special jagged edge rivets which are non commonly available. Hopefully you have your original top part left so you could just epoxy that into the VIN plate hole and look correct.

Katfish

Reaction score
I didn't like the price either, ECS has a combo deal, rivets and the silkscreen transfer, but decided I'm only doing this once.
As they say, "Quality remains, long after price is forgotten"

https://postimages.org/][/url]

heminut

Reaction score
To maintain that non tampered OEM look, you need those special jagged edge rivets which are non commonly available. Hopefully you have your original top part left so you could just epoxy that into the VIN plate hole and look correct.
Yup! Under certain circumstances an auto theft detective would definitely notice the discrepancy and the car could end up in impound for a while. I'd rather pay for the rosette VIN rivets. (I know this because I was in law enforcement for over 20 years.)

Xcudame

Reaction score
I can guarantee it will cost more the the cost of two rosette rivets to get a car out of impound! I'm for doing it as correct as possible, regardless of saving a few bucks, when the VIN is involved.

gran coupe john

Reaction score
The car is just a Gran Coupe with a baby 318. I spent more money than it's worth. I feel like when you say Barracuda the price of stuff triples. I have spent years and mega $$$ trying to make everything like factory, and it is turning out beautifully.

Back