• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Deck Lid issues

Patrick D

Reaction score
The deck lid I purchased is approximately 1/4 inch or so too narrow so it leaves a very noticeable gap at the top edge of the deck lid (edge closest to the rear glass) when it is close. Any suggestions on where to buy a new deck lid that will fit better, closer to original?

Patrick D

Reaction score
Yes. The sides and towards the rear align very well. Thought about trying to slide the lid back a little in order to split the difference but then the rear is going to be noticeably pushed in. May need an OEM lid, haven't had much luck looking.

DrEamer

Reaction score
Everything that I have used from AMD has worked well. That said OEM in some cases is hard to beat. You might want to try posting in the wanted section if you want OEM.

Patrick D

Reaction score
If anyone has a deck lid from AMD and could measure the width of the lid, I would appreciate it.

76orangewagon

Reaction score
Weld up the back lip and shape it to fit.....next time don't buy Goodmark there cheaper for a reason.

57fury440

Reaction score
I measured the original trunk lid on the 1972 Barracuda I bought new. I measured from front to back where the quarter panel seam is that connects the quarter to the panel behind the rear window. It was 22 and 3/4 inches. We have a Goodmark lid on the 74 barracuda and it measured 22 and 5/8 inches. So the one I have is 1/8 of an inch shorter.

Reaction score
I don't think any of this aftermarket stuff fits, you have to do like it says above and weld onto the edge, then grind it to fit, I bet even a OEM may not fit, they are all a little different
IMG_1060.JPG

robert power

Reaction score
I had same problem with my 72 cuda.I added a small strip all the way across the sail panel. lots
IMG_3842.JPG
IMG_3844.JPG
of welding though .

Back