• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dodge won't be down for breakfast

Xcudame

Reaction score
It was a sad day when our yahoos in charge took away our incandescent light bulbs. It's sad that some states are allowing the mutilation/sterilization of our children. And now they're forcing electric vehicles down our throats which we don't have the power grid to support! When do we say enough is enough?

Xcudame

Reaction score
Voting them out doesn't seem to be working here in Arizona. We seem to have too many shenanigans going on in Maricopa County.

One of few

Reaction score
I feel your agony, it’s not working here in overtax happy Michigan either. Plan B is packing up, and taking my buying power to another state.

pschlosser

Reaction score
No matter where you go, there you are. I'm not convinced moving to another state will solve most of MY problems. I live in California, and most things here seem over-stated, over-priced, over-generous and just plain over-zealous. But if I move, I'm concerned I'll be bringing most of my problems with me.

tonysrt

Reaction score
If Dodge thinks we'll be running out to buy electric cars they may as well close the door now.

john_wick

Reaction score
Just don't buy em and dealers will be sitting on them:

But perhaps the EV push on reluctant buyers is part of yet a bigger plan:

Insane times indeed. :mob:

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I feel your agony, it’s not working here in overtax happy Michigan either. Plan B is packing up, and taking my buying power to another state.
Yep, left the Peoples Republic of California and went to Idaho. Our electric/gas bill went from $350 a month to $84. Mt truck registration went from $508 a year down to $84 a year. We sold an okay home built in the 80's for $560,000 and bought a bigger, nicer, newer (built in 2016) house for $100k less. And I'm making about the same. No fires, no earthquakes, no water shortage, no crime. Cheers!

Xcudame

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering growing a few acres of corn on my property and making moonshine and converting a couple of my thermoquads to run alcohol for my e-bodies. Going off grid.
People don't know their history regarding battery powered cars (by the way, they are not electric). They were developed the same time as gasoline cars and couldn't compete because they aren't as efficient. They still aren't! And our power grid couldn't charge cars fast enough to support everyone driving battery powered cars. I won't be buying any.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Wait, wasn't "dodge" dead when they changed the truck name to RAM?
No more dodge on the trucks. So, it's just a matter of time before the "name" just disappears all together.

Yeah, voting works. Joke Briben got 81 Million votes while sitting in his basement afraid to debate.
Sure he did.

tonysrt

Reaction score
Ford lost 4.5 billion on EV's, so it shows there isn't a market for them. They maybe battery powered but need electricity to charge.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Yes! Electricity from wind and solar that works really well when it's overcast or dead calm.
Cuda Hunter, they killed off Desoto, Fargo and Plymouth. Guess you're right, Dodge is next! And FJB! :)

BSG

Reaction score
Yep, left the Peoples Republic of California and went to Idaho. Our electric/gas bill went from $350 a month to $84. Mt truck registration went from $508 a year down to $84 a year. We sold an okay home built in the 80's for $560,000 and bought a bigger, nicer, newer (built in 2016) house for $100k less. And I'm making about the same. No fires, no earthquakes, no water shortage, no crime. Cheers!
no walking around in shorts and a tee shirt 365

hdwrench

Reaction score
funny thing is there forcing the armed services to use electric everything . i saw the other they pushing for battery helicopters! good luck !

BSG

Reaction score
Don't believe the hype! We are doing Smokey ass burnouts and heating our dinner with gas... Don't make tell you the story about my "High end" GE convection oven that took a crap after about 3 years then couldn't get replacement parts for... America will be ran on petrol for our lifetime. imo... Its just too big to dismantle an industry that size. As with anything change comes, but it will be a long drawn out process.

Xcudame

Reaction score
I don't know, I sure was disappointed by the number of foolish people this last Wuhan virus scamdemic. They can turn off the gas spigot and we'll all freeze in the winter. They put an idiot in the Governor's office here in Arizona instead of Kari Lake. We did nothing. We're doomed. Start preparing!

moparleo

Reaction score
When did hey stop making 318,340,360,383,440,426 etc... still out there.
They made millions of Gen III Hemi cars and trucks. How many years before they are gone from the roads/tow/wrecking yards ?
We will be long gone before the internal combustion engine is gone (never).
Just another swing of the environmental pendulum.
Just because you make a regulation doesn't mean it will really happen. They can't make enough electricity to run home a/c's now.
Add millions of cars that need charging every few days...

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Yes! Electricity from wind and solar that works really well when it's overcast or dead calm.
Cuda Hunter, they killed off Desoto, Fargo and Plymouth. Guess you're right, Dodge is next! And FJB! :)
I live in the land of ice and snow and where the hard wind blows. It destroys the wind mills and the maintenance is to high. And the electric couldn't be stored and sold. There now being tore down. Yeah that worked!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I don't think so as long as the corporation doesn't drink the Kool aide. there's to much stock at stake.🤑🤑🤑 Why would one shoot themselves in the foot or head. I would say there just testing the waters or jumping on the band wagon. By they way I think they are the wagon. they brought a few things to the market. Best muscle cars in the 50's and beyond,:thankyou: the K car :rofl: Mini van👶👶👶. They were no laughing mater they change things. Brothers stick together! Just my 2¢.

Last edited:
Back