• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB Door handle rubber bumpers

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Inside the door handle is rubber stoppers. They are dry rotted. Been looking for them for awhile now. They don't come in the rubber sets. If anyone has 2, or know where to get them?

20240401_101946.jpg

20240401_102052.jpg

themechanic

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're not sold individually anymore. However , the repopped handles come with bumpers.

I just used some that fit the hole and shaved them down until the handles were just about flush with the rest of the handle assembly.

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Was going to have them replated, but the cost is astronomical. So will probably buy repops, but really don't want to.

fasjac

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I may have some in the warehouse at work. Will check asap.

terrywalker

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly, those rubber bumpers are more of a mound shape like a scoop of ice cream on top of a cone, not flat. I think some of the repro ones have a flat rubber piece in there for a stop. The 1st photo shows a Mopar handle I bought in early 90s. 2nd photo shows a repro handle I bought years ago to compare and has a flat rubber piece glued on. 3rd photo shows an original door handle rubber stop on the left and a repro piece type I found on the right a few years ago.
Terry W.

Door Handle 6.jpg

Door Handle Repro 2.jpg

Door Handle Rubber Bumper 1.jpg

Last edited:

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first pic, is probably original, that one looks like the 2 old ones I took off the car.

terrywalker

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct in that the cone one does not work. It has to be the rounded one and I have not come up with a place to get them.
Terry W.

NixDad

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you look at Grainger or McMaster-Carr? You can research the size based various details and get close. You may need to buy a bag of 20...but still cheap

fasjac

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks. Was going to have them replated, but the cost is astronomical. So will probably buy repops, but really don't want to.
The ones I have are so brittle, they would crumble if touched.
I like the bumper option, may need to modify it a bit.

Back