• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Electric fuel pump relay wiring question.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
I am adding electric fuel pump to my car and eventually there will be many additional changes that will require power while cranking.
In an attempt to not over load the old, is it possible/advisable to use a single existing "switched" circuit to trigger a relay that then powers additional relays for the remaining add on items?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike.

03HDFB

Reaction score
Mike,
Here you go...not sure what your budget is......But I use the systems on many vehicles (My Jeep, 08 Challenger, 70 Challenger and Other Rides)
You can purchase the switch panel as well...and its almost plug and play!
http://www.4x4spod.com/product_p/500-830k.htm

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the load to switch a relay is very minimal , so switching multiple relays is no issue , you can use the brown wire at the ballast which is powered while cranking & then you can feed power from the start relay using a fusable link , you may need a higher output alternator to supply enough power in which case I would suggest using a direct feed from the alt output across to the start relay to bypass the factory ammeter & the bulkhead connectors which can be problematic .

moparleo

Reaction score
You might think about using a manual switch for your fuel pump. And of course a fuel pressure regulator.There are advantages to doing this such as being able to prime your carbs or if you use fi to make sure you have pressure before startup. Using it as a kill switch/anti theft switch if hidden.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Mike,
Here you go...not sure what your budget is......But I use the systems on many vehicles (My Jeep, 08 Challenger, 70 Challenger and Other Rides)
You can purchase the switch panel as well...and its almost plug and play!
http://www.4x4spod.com/product_p/500-830k.htm

Thank you I will look into it.

the load to switch a relay is very minimal , so switching multiple relays is no issue , you can use the brown wire at the ballast which is powered while cranking & then you can feed power from the start relay using a fusable link , you may need a higher output alternator to supply enough power in which case I would suggest using a direct feed from the alt output across to the start relay to bypass the factory ammeter & the bulkhead connectors which can be problematic .

Thanks for the wire info. I have also already bypassed the bulkhead and ammeter. (fire no good). Along with this, I will be switching the motor's accessories to the Magnum setup. I also have what I believe to be the 90 amp unit.

You might think about using a manual switch for your fuel pump. And of course a fuel pressure regulator.There are advantages to doing this such as being able to prime your carbs or if you use fi to make sure you have pressure before startup. Using it as a kill switch/anti theft switch if hidden.

Initially I may go this route for start up but really want car to be "normal" and not have to deal with pull this but only half way, turn that but not too far, switch this first, etc...

Back