• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Electronic Ignition Conversion

V02Barracuda

Reaction score
It's certainly possible that Proform is licensed by Mopar. I don't know for sure and to be honest, I don't really care. I don't want to see what happened to me, happen to you. I was cruising around in my Bee in May and the car started surging as if it wasn't getting enough fuel. I was 12 miles from home. I barely made it home that day.
After hours of trying to diagnose the issue, I found that the distributor was bad. I had bought that kit from Mancini Racing back in 2018. I'm NOT bashing Mancini. They only sell the kits.
Do your homework. Look at Proform's reputation for distributors. You'll see.
Good luck.

money pit

Reaction score
It's certainly possible that Proform is licensed by Mopar. I don't know for sure and to be honest, I don't really care. I don't want to see what happened to me, happen to you. I was cruising around in my Bee in May and the car started surging as if it wasn't getting enough fuel. I was 12 miles from home. I barely made it home that day.
After hours of trying to diagnose the issue, I found that the distributor was bad. I had bought that kit from Mancini Racing back in 2018. I'm NOT bashing Mancini. They only sell the kits.
Do your homework. Look at Proform's reputation for distributors. You'll see.
Good luck.
Thanks, I do my homework. Thanks

money pit

Reaction score
If you go with a Proform kit, then buy 2 and keep 1 in your trunk as a spare cuz you'll need it. I put a Proform kit in my Super Bee 2 years ago and the distributor crapped out last May. No good. Poor quality.
Go through Rick Ehrenberg. He sells quality kits through Ebay and his prices are VERY fair.
Do you know what the name of Mr. Ehrenberg's company is? I looked on Ebay and didn't see anything with his name. I looked under electronic ignition conversion and electronic ignition specific for my car. Thanks

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have seen a number of Pertronics system fail as well as MSD actually MSD has been one of the least reliable .
The #1 least reliable has been FBO FYI

Back