• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fender Tag Question

Dutch 165

Reaction score
I'm trying to determine what the small square metal piece that was installed under the main fender tag from my 71 Barracuda. It has a small hole punched into it. A buddy said it was put there for the engine guy on the assembly line to install a Hemi instead of the little 318 if they had any extra when the body came down the line. I guess they were a little short on bigger engines that day but it's still a great car.

IMG_20180928_183852.jpg

IMG_20180928_184001.jpg

aussiemark

Reaction score
The fender tag and build sheet are created before any parts are fitted and these tell the workers what parts to fit, there is a bigger build sheet taped to the front of the car as it goes down the line the trim tag is one of the first pieces added. If a car is ordered with what ever engine that is the engine that will be fitted if there is no stock then the scheduled build date will be delayed until all the parts to assemble the car are in stock then the car will begin it's journey down the line. I read the special cars even went down a different assembly line then the regular cars at Hamtramck can't remember if it was EN1 or EN2.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I'm trying to determine what the small square metal piece that was installed under the main fender tag from my 71 Barracuda. It has a small hole punched into it. A buddy said it was put there for the engine guy on the assembly line to install a Hemi instead of the little 318 if they had any extra when the body came down the line. I guess they were a little short on bigger engines that day but it's still a great car.

View attachment 52579

View attachment 52580
Your buddy has a great imagination!:lol:

Back