• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Flemings Ultimate Garage

rikkitik

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm back in the market for an e body. I found a nice looking 1970 Challenger RT at Flemings in Rockville MD.
Unfortunately, I'm on the opposite side of the country. With Covid going crazy, I can't really see flying there to check it out.
Does anyone know anything about Flemings? Does anyone know of someone in the area that might be able to take a look?
Thanks much - Rick

rikkitik

Reaction score
A couple pics
PicsArt_12-01-07.26.41.jpg
PicsArt_12-01-07.25.23.jpg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The pictures look great at least well other than the tires , but someone knowledgable needs to set eyes on it for sure !

rikkitik

Reaction score
Thanks,
The fender tag decodes as a real '70 RT, 335/383, 4 spd, 3:55 perf axle, upgraded interior. It has the broadcast sheet as well.
Fresh, correct B7 dark blue paint.
The engine, interior, body look great. The underside looks good, but has a pretty indiscriminate application of undercoat. It's hard to to tell for sure, but no obvious rust.
They sent a video, engine sounds nice, mild cam. Seemed to drive and shift well.
Thanks again - Rick

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Nice find !! I love the B7 !
I am a bit far away to check it out for you tho being in Panama !!
you could look for someone nearby on E Bodies . org also
Looks great assuming it is not full of bondo !

R4Sedan

Reaction score
The pictures look great at least well other than the tires , but someone knowledgable needs to set eyes on it for sure !
What's wrong with the tire's? Other than the Dark argent centers. I actually like them better. I just don't like the white out hood. Nice car.

Matt M

Reaction score
Car looks nice, but as stated you need to get the car looked at so you know what the story is on the body and paint.
Ask them if the panels are original and any known body work. Then verify everything.
Are you sure the tag is real, good they have the BS.
Did you get photos of the cowl and rad support stamp?
Photos can hide a lot of things.

JMO but even with all thats going on I would be very hesitant to spend that kind of $ without looking at the car or having someone I knew and trusted look at it.
or maybe try to find a car closer. There are a lot of 383 RT Challengers out there.

rikkitik

Reaction score
Car looks nice, but as stated you need to get the car looked at so you know what the story is on the body and paint.
Ask them if the panels are original and any known body work. Then verify everything.
Are you sure the tag is real, good they have the BS.
Did you get photos of the cowl and rad support stamp?
Photos can hide a lot of things.

JMO but even with all thats going on I would be very hesitant to spend that kind of $ without looking at the car or having someone I knew and trusted look at it.
or maybe try to find a car closer. There are a lot of 383 RT Challengers out there.
Agree, that's what I'm thinking too.
If I see, drive the car, then buy it. If it's not "right", shame on me. But, shame on both, if I buy it and it's misrepresented. Primarily it's my own fault at that point.
I just need to be a little more patient.
Thanks

Back