• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Floor dimmer switch connector

Mikes72

Reaction score
As you can see in the pic below my floor dimmer switch connector has seen better days. I’ve search the web for a replacement with no luck. Are these available anywhere? I can find a pigtail connector but it doesn’t have the plastic base plate. Is that base plate necessary? I can see the advantage of the plate to keep the connector from coming loose but I’m not sure mine will get a ton of use. It almost seems over-engineered.

Thanks!

IMG_4194.jpeg

heminut

Reaction score
Neither one of my Cudas had that tab on the connector. I don't think I've ever seen one with a tab like that. That being said, I've never had any issues with the connectors that didn't have that tab.

I have seen the heat damage issue though. If you put your headlights on a relay system that issue goes away!

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As you can see in the pic below my floor dimmer switch connector has seen better days. I’ve search the web for a replacement with no luck. Are these available anywhere? I can find a pigtail connector but it doesn’t have the plastic base plate. Is that base plate necessary? I can see the advantage of the plate to keep the connector from coming loose but I’m not sure mine will get a ton of use. It almost seems over-engineered.

Thanks!

View attachment 114918
Rockauto has a bunch of them listed.

1970 DODGE CHALLENGER 5.2L 318cid V8 Headlamp Dimmer Switch Connector | RockAuto

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bet your local parts store has them.
@Mikes72 Hey, what's the "disagree" all about? I found them available in my town. Advance Auto has a PTA 1024 at one store and a PTA1182 at the other. O Reillys, Napa, and Auto Zone could order one and have it this afternoon. They're only about $4.

Mikes72

Reaction score
@Mikes72 Hey, what's the "disagree" all about? I found them available in my town. Advance Auto has a PTA 1024 at one store and a PTA1182 at the other. O Reillys, Napa, and Auto Zone could order one and have it this afternoon. They're only about $4.
Very sorry if I hit that button. Not intentional at all. I appreciate all the inputs from you guys.

Mikes72

Reaction score
Neither one of my Cudas had that tab on the connector. I don't think I've ever seen one with a tab like that. That being said, I've never had any issues with the connectors that didn't have that tab.

I have seen the heat damage issue though. If you put your headlights on a relay system that issue goes away!
Tell me more about this headlight relay system. Are there posts about it here?

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Crackedback has had some health issues and is recovering. Hopefully he will be back to healthy soon.

Back