• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Frame connectors....oh, the humanity!

Doc Corey

Reaction score
It's just a common screw jack, sold at most tool outlets. I use it all the time for supporting subframes while changing clutchs in cars. Very handy, around 100$. I coated the connectors with self-etching primer, then sprayed the inside with Eastwood Internal Frame Coating (mainly to protect the floor welds). Did my front and rear rails at the same time. Took about 2 cans.

Doc Corey

Reaction score
It's just a common screw jack, sold at most tool outlets. I use it all the time for supporting subframes while changing clutchs in cars. Very handy, around 100$. I coated the connectors with self-etching primer, then sprayed the inside with Eastwood Internal Frame Coating (mainly to protect the floor welds). Did my front and rear rails at the same time. Took about 2 cans.
@Doc Corey awesome build - what type of jack (if it's a 'jack') that's pushing up on the leaf spring in first post?

Also - what kind of paint/undercoating did you use on the bottom once you welded the frame rail connectors in?
I answered your questions but it somehow didn't end up as a quote. To add..it is also called a post jack.

70chall440

Reaction score
They are also called under hoist support jack, auxiliary jacks, etc.

I have 4 of them, 2 are from HF and 2 I got off Amazon earlier this year. The ones from HF are better but the Amazon ones will hold more weight. The reason that the HF units are better is because there is a groove machined into the threaded rod which rides on a tab in the stand, this means that when you rotate the handle the screw goes straight up and down, you can adjust it basically with one hand. The Amazon versions do not have this feature so when you turn the handle the screw turns with it. You have to hold the screw while you adjust it until the saddle hits something and then you are good.

They also make hydraulic ones but I prefer the screw types. Something to keep in mind, you need to be very careful raising a car with the jacks while it is up on the lift. I have done this many times to move of of the lift's arms so that I can weld or access something, but you need to only lift one corner at a time. It can get your heart going when the car starts moving...

JKCuda

Reaction score
This is how it turned out for me.
I know this is old...but what undercoating did you use? Getting ready to redo my 72 and I don't want to paint/prep the bottom. It's in good shape, just going to remove the old factory undercoating and recoat it.

Back