• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Front bumper question

DetMatt1

Reaction score
My '71 Challenger was built January 26th, should the front bumper have jack slots?
Thanks in advance for the feedback.

moparlee

Reaction score
Matt, My '71 RT was built October 22, 1970 and did not have the bumper jack slots. Not sure when they changed over.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The only 71 that would have bumper slots is a very, late almost 72 model. Do you have a slotted bumper? If so does it have the notches for the rubber corner fillers? The one late 71 bumper I saw had both. The 72 bumpers I have seen have the slots and does not have the notches for the rubber corners. I wish I had more documentation on the 72's. It is more than a 90% chance that your car came without the slots.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I went and looked at some records I have. July 71 appears to be the last of the 71 cars. That puts your 71 in the middle of production for 71.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Here are a couple I happen to have on my iPad that show the details. I can take some better ones when I'm at my shop next if needed.
these are better full size on my iPad, I can see I'll have to take some better shots.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Sometimes I wish these cars could talk. That's what I wanted to know as I have 2 loose '70/1 bumpers and now I know I need to keep the better of the two for eventual replacement onto this car. Thanks again guys and keep posting here what you have on you're '71s and the build date as reference for all who might like to know.

Back