• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

front or back confusion

Cuda Cole

Reaction score
I've been reading several threads on the disc brake position and I am some what confused on mounting the caliper to the front or rear. With the position of the new hose it fits better in the rear without any interference. Not sure if I swap to the front the hose will be too short. I have read that "always to the front" then another guy said to the rear.

Another question can't seem to get the camber correct. I replaced all the bushing in the front end and after setting it back down on the ground and taking to have it aligned they could get it moved out enough to plumb the wheel.

IMG_6909.JPG
IMG_6915.JPG

Cuda Cole

Reaction score
Adam,
thank you for the info, those products look better built than the ones I received from the kit i purchased.

12sandwich

Reaction score
If you have a printout of the alignment? It would help tremendously in helping you decide if your at the point of needing offset upper control arm bushings.

340challconvert

Reaction score
upload_2019-10-11_19-43-14.png

This may help; install of the off set UCA bushings.
It is recommended to use mid 2000's Mustang alignment specs with the off set bushings.
Dino2 (1).gif

12sandwich

Reaction score
I’ve seen were it’s only necessary to use one bushing, front or back of arm, mounted in or out to correct a geometry problem, whether it was caster, or camber, or a bigger than normal split from one side to the other.
If I saw a printout I could tell you where the bushing would need to be, or which cam needs moved.
In the instructions for the Borgeson steering box I installed, they like the caster raised at least 1 degree or 2 degrees higher.
Mustang spec is probably not a bad baseline, but I prefer an older S-10 2 wheel drive specs as it’s an SLA suspension and the toe number, and caster makes more sense, as well as the camber readings.

Bunsen

Reaction score
I have the same brake set up
My caliper brackets interfered with the steering when front hung,they are rear hung now

Back