• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

fuel and air

split window

Reaction score
Looking at EFI for my 440 70 Cuda A/C auto. single 4-barrel mild cam 30 over. Ice cream getter show car.
Maybe looking at Koffel heads, looking for manifold suggestions and EFI set up-would prefer (MPFI)
What's new in the Mopar Kingdom regarding this Plus any shorty headers for use with Koffel heads & EFI
Thanks

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I just did my own system instead of buying a kit , I used an SDSEFI controller with accufab 1200 cfm T body which is 1/2 the height of a carb , a bosch pressure reg , 3 3/8" fuel lines , one to each side of the intake & a single return , with inline 250 lt fuel pumps , I crank trigger , I used a stock dist but you could use 4 independant coils , Bosch 85 lb / hr injectors & the Eddy Victor intake with predrilled ports & rails .

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
The EFI setup I purchased and installed is the Holley Terminator X Stealth 4150. Not MPFI but a throttle body which allows you to use your existing manifold, either dual-plane or single-plane, and keep the original look of a traditional carburetor. The biggest plus of the Terminator X versus the Sniper is that the computer is separate on the Terminator X while the Holley Sniper system has the computer built into the throttle body. Hot engine compartments do not play well with electronics so I mounted my Terminator X computer under the dash. With a Sniper system, that is not an option.
Also, going to EFI is way more expensive than it appears. The entire fuel system should be upgraded and include an in-tank EFI pump in a properly configured tank. The fuel supply line at 3/8" ID and a return line at no less than 5/16" ID are necessary to maximize the benefits of a pressurized fuel system. This essentially eliminates fuel percolation a.k.a. vapor lock. Additionally, the electrical system should be addressed with "clean" power for the electronics. And last, but not least, timing control via the EFI system is one of the greatest benefits of a modern EFI. That potentially requires a new distributor and a quality ignition system (high output box and a performance coil).
This is one of the best projects I have ever done to my Cuda and gave me fast starts, unbelievable throttle response, superior drivability, and ease of tuning.
Good luck with whatever choice you make.

Our Terminator X (1).jpg
Our Terminator X (2).jpg
Our Terminator X (3).jpg

Last edited:

split window

Reaction score
The EFI setup I purchased and installed is the Holley Terminator X Stealth 4150. Not MPFI but a throttle body allows you to use your existing manifold, either dual-plane or single-plane, and keep the original look of a traditional carburetor. The biggest plus of the Terminator X versus the Sniper is that the computer is separate on the Terminator X while the Holley Sniper system has the computer built into the throttle body. Hot engine compartments do not play well with electronics so I mounted my Terminator X computer under the dash. With a Sniper system, that is not an option.
Also, going to EFI is way more expensive than it appears. The entire fuel system should be upgraded and include an in-tank EFI pump in a properly configured tank. The fuel supply line at 3/8" ID and a return line a no less than 5/16" ID are necessary to maximize the benefits of a pressurized fuel system. This essentially eliminates fuel percolation a.k.a. vapor lock. Additionally, the electrical system should be addressed with "clean" power for the electronics. And last, but not least, timing control via the EFI system is one of the greatest benefits of a modern EFI. That potentially requires a new distributor and a quality ignition system (high output box and a performance coil).
This is one of the best projects I have ever done to my Cuda and gave me fast starts, unbelievable throttle response, superior drivability, and ease of tuning.
That’s fantastic what you have done. Im trying to modernize not so much restrooms. I ordered the front suspension kit and new fast ratio steering box from Bergman-
Thanks for all the Info.

rogue

Reaction score
i can echo what MoparCarGuy said above about complete upgrade... only difference for me was using FITech

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Thank you- I think I leave the heads alone-
But I definitely want to modernize with EFI
Don't be discouraged on using a good set of aftermarket aluminum heads. Factory original cast-iron heads do not offer anywhere near the performance of aftermarket aluminum heads. Base your selection on your budget and what you need versus what you want for performance. I have had the factory heads, Mopar Performance Stage VI aluminum, Mopar Performance Stage V cast-iron, and now Indy Cylinder Heads 440EZ aluminum in my Cuda. The Indy setup has performed very well but newer offerings from TrickFlow and others could add even more HP with the right combination.
Your money, your choice.

kudakoda

Reaction score
The EFI setup I purchased and installed is the Holley Terminator X Stealth 4150. Not MPFI but a throttle body which allows you to use your existing manifold, either dual-plane or single-plane, and keep the original look of a traditional carburetor. The biggest plus of the Terminator X versus the Sniper is that the computer is separate on the Terminator X while the Holley Sniper system has the computer built into the throttle body. Hot engine compartments do not play well with electronics so I mounted my Terminator X computer under the dash. With a Sniper system, that is not an option.
Also, going to EFI is way more expensive than it appears. The entire fuel system should be upgraded and include an in-tank EFI pump in a properly configured tank. The fuel supply line at 3/8" ID and a return line at no less than 5/16" ID are necessary to maximize the benefits of a pressurized fuel system. This essentially eliminates fuel percolation a.k.a. vapor lock. Additionally, the electrical system should be addressed with "clean" power for the electronics. And last, but not least, timing control via the EFI system is one of the greatest benefits of a modern EFI. That potentially requires a new distributor and a quality ignition system (high output box and a performance coil).

View attachment 95827 View attachment 95828 View attachment 95829
Have to agree 100% with MoparCarGuy. Upgrade and upsize (if necessary) the fuel delivery system and use the correct ignition (distributor, box, coil) with your EFI. We opted for the Sniper (throttle Body not multi port) for our 2nd Gen 426 Hemi and haven't had any issues with the computer.

split window

Reaction score
Great information, this is a great forum. I will get the front end put together then try to figure the heads and EFI etc.
thanks again.

Back