• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Good Morning from Finland

ChalleRT

Reaction score
Yes it´s morning here in Finland now. 😎
I´m allready registered in FBBO forum, because of my 2 B-body Mopars, but about one month ago, i bought my first e-body. It is 1970 Challenger RT, U-code Tripple black.
It is a guite a project car, needs a lot of sheet metal; floors, trunk, and rear side panels. They all (AMD), came with the car, luckily, exept right side panel. New front and rear valance panels also i have.
My goal is, maybe next winter i will get the metal works done.. maybe not, but i´m not in a hurry with that car😇
I will you send you some pictures later..
Previous owner has 1970 440 block, not a matching for this car, promised to keep it for me, when it´s time for me to buy it. I think it is some kind of warranty block, no any win numbers, just empty place?
I have 1970 727 transmission too, not matching.

Now it seems, it was an original column shift car, it has no hole for the shifter mechanism, no any signs for any spot welds for center console, and there is a bracket in frame for gear mechanism. But in fender tag, there is C16 code, meaning "center console"?
C55, bucket seats, says fender tag too..
Now i´m little confused, the fender tag is new, it is not attached to the car. Is is made later, i think in USA, by some previous owner. I have original build sheet, exellent condition.
Could there be a fault code in fender tag?

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
IMG_1924.jpeg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
Post up a pic of the build sheet and the fender tag. It should help us get to the bottom of your options questiop.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome Could be the fender tag was recreated or the body of the car is not the correct body for that VIN meaning the cowl or rad supprot could have been from another car .

ChalleRT

Reaction score
I know the radiator support has been chanced, there is some welding showing, cowl win matches. I haven´t checked the trunk yet.
The car has k-frame with skid plate and coin.

moparleo

Reaction score
Boy . These are things that probably should have been investigated before you bought it, unless you got a great price.
The fender tag looks too perfect. No indication it was ever mounted. No deformation around screw holes etc...And by the description of the rest of the cars condition, highly suspect.
I would ask if the fender tag affected the price you paid.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! This reminds me of a guy years ago trying sell a numbers matching hemi road runner body (less drive train) in a paper bag!! Yikes!

Cuda U Code

Reaction score
Welcome from TN. The discovery stage with these cars is always interesting and most of the time results in more questions than answers. That’s part of the fun behind restoring or owning a classic and rare E Body

ChalleRT

Reaction score
in build sheet, there is no markings in "console or aux seat" and in tag, it says C16?

pschlosser

Reaction score
FYI, the broadcast sheet looks like a column shift car, to me. And the broadcast sheet calls for the 22-inch radiator. But the repop of the fender tag has added the 26-inch radiator. If I'm right, this is very sneaky. Fraudulent and sneaky.

I recommend you post the name and address of the seller here, on this post, for future folks reading it. What this person is trying to do will concern many people. It may be good to know who this is.

Last edited:

Xcudame

Reaction score
ChalleRT, since you know the radiator yoke has been replaced (26 vs 22 inch radiator) do you have a picture of the numbers on the cowl? Should be B0411031 (switching the build plant and year is common). If your cowl matches your dash VIN and broadcast sheet, I say have another fender tag made from the broadcast sheet and build the car as a 440 RT. If the cowl number doesn't match, you've got kind of a mess on your hands.

Culvers

Reaction score
The broadcast sheet shows 61 on RAD, so it is a 26" radiator, this is correct for a AC (H51) car. The C16 console on the fender tag is not correct

Back