• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Got a quote for $25k for paint, Vinyl top and moldings installed

pschlosser

Reaction score
$100 shop hours have been around since before 2010. With today's inflation, $125 is a bargain in California. Even so, those hours add up. This may be why so many do their own body work.

Last edited:

robert power

Reaction score
some body work finishing prime and paint 8,000 d&d auto body Sayreville n.j.

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback pictures and support. Love this site for that. Ronbo I will reach out seperately for a live chat. TJ

71vett4spd

Reaction score
I was always told by friends and relatives I should charge more. Hearing this for 35 years and now getting worn out finally thinking I was crazy for doing work at prices I thought were fair. Should have been greedy, I would have been much better off than I am now. Prices I see and hear people paying are just insane, but that's just my opinion. $25,000 for what I'd charge $14,000 for, I must be crazy or stuck in the 90's or maybe that 80's mindset. If replying please refrain from negative comments, stupid comes to my mind when I think about it all. LOL

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I was always told by friends and relatives I should charge more. Hearing this for 35 years and now getting worn out finally thinking I was crazy for doing work at prices I thought were fair. Should have been greedy, I would have been much better off than I am now. Prices I see and hear people paying are just insane, but that's just my opinion. $25,000 for what I'd charge $14,000 for, I must be crazy or stuck in the 90's or maybe that 80's mindset. If replying please refrain from negative comments, stupid comes to my mind when I think about it all. LOL
I would say that you are more in line with reality14k+ unknown. @25K They might only get 10% of the work that you do. Do the math 9x 14k=126K. 1x25k=25k.

Last edited:
Back