• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Got my first ever E-body! 1970 Cuda!!

OP_Mopars

Reaction score
Saw it online for a price we could swallow and jumped on it like a fat lady at a free buffet :)

Now, I need to convert it over to disc brakes (has drums). Anyone direct me to what will fit?

Thanks!

$(KGrHqYOKiQE5FLl154+BORUIUHjow~~0_3.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Nice looking fish you've found. Disk brake conversions are as easy as finding an F/M/ or J at your local salvage yard and getting the spindles, the caliper anchors, the calipers for cores and getting the hoses.

Or take a look through the classifieds here and seeing if someone has a set of E-body for sale or putting up a wanted ad.

70cudas

Reaction score
way to go OP Mopars great start, seen alot worse ones out there, please post more pics love those original looking ones, pics say 1000 words. if it has a data plate under the hood post that also & we"ll help you cyper the codes if needed. may we ask what you paid? Welcome to the club

OP_Mopars

Reaction score
way to go OP Mopars great start, seen alot worse ones out there, please post more pics love those original looking ones, pics say 1000 words. if it has a data plate under the hood post that also & we"ll help you cyper the codes if needed. may we ask what you paid? Welcome to the club
I got it for $9750. It has a factory /6, 8-1/4 rear and drum brakes all around. 100% original interior except for an aftermarket radio. The dash has two small cracks and the carpet needs replaced, but is all cosmetic stuff. D/S lower quarter needs replaced and trunk pan/exts, too. Still, this car can be driven as-is. I want to convert it over to a 440/727 big block without having to do anything i can't bolt back on and make it the way she is now.

I have dreamed of having one of these and still can't believe she's mine. I'm selling three other Barracuda's just to focus on ONE.

OP_Mopars

Reaction score
Couple more...

I found a new set of full quarter panels from a local restoration shop that had these in storage and were not being used. I got the LH and RH for $220 for the pair! (new Year One items).

If you're in the Jacksonville area I would recommend these guys for any body/paint work. They are going to put mine on the rotisserie and bring her back to 1970 ;) Still undecided on color, but thinking Sassy Grass or Go Mango...

Interior is all black, factory bench with buddy seat. 100% original except for an aftermarket radio. I have all the parts lined up to convert it to buckets/console, except for the steering column (need a power steerign column for console shift).

I attached a shot of the finished 1967 440 that is going in it, too.

083111202848.jpg

083111202859.jpg

OP_Mopars

Reaction score
Where is the best place to get the Shaker hood and all the parts to complete it? I know it will be around $3000 for all the stuff (aftermarket) but want to get it all from the same dealer/person...I know there is a dealer on here that offers members 15% off and I will surely be looking to them, btu not sure if they have everything.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Ben Snobar has complete shaker systems , there are others as well .
you need to start looking for a 8 3/4 diff or better yet just build a dana 60 for it , I would recommend Doctor Diff in Poulsen MT . Front & rear swaybars , bigger T bars .
the FMJ is the easy sway for disc brakes , just take the spindles & caliper mounts , replace the discs hoses & calipers unless they are mint , you can get the caliper mounts from a Charger Magnum or Cordoba & install the bigger 12" rotors onto those spindles

Back