• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Greetings from "the other forum"

Nitrocide595

Reaction score
got a buddy on the Chevy Impala forum (Impalaforums.com) that says I might get some info I want and need from here and the a-bodies forum.

I figured I'd start here. I'm no stranger to the ins and outs of car forums (having spent over a year on impalaforums.com) so I'm looking forward to getting involved here! as for re-sizing pics, I suck at it... so pics are few and far between unfortunately lol

basically, here's the story (Taken from my post on the YearOne Facebook page a few months ago)

This is Dad's '74 Cuda. He's the 2n'd owner and he purchased it at age 18 when he was in the Army. It was taken apart almost 20 years ago now for paint and some rust removal. Originally it was brown with white interior, but now it's Dodge Dakota Blue with black interior. I'm 19 now and he's in his 50's. I feel as strongly about the car as he has his entire life, and I've been trying to help him finish it, but between work, side work, and paying the bills, it's hard for Dad to find free time. Right now it's a matter of parts- we have door panels, but he doesn't want to put them in until he gets a driver's side window regulator. The teeth are worn out on the current one. He has all the chrome trim (rocker panels, rear trunk trim, etc.) and just needs the clips to mount them all. The only other thing for inside is the package tray cover. There's a few little mechanical things going on, but dad's got that covered... he has enough parts in the shed at work to build another whole chassis and
drive-train I think sometimes...

I'm going to school and majoring in Automotive Technology, and I'm doing everything I can to help him get this car finished and on the road again, but registration is another battle... it moves, it drives, and it lays down plenty of rubber, but it's still not done yet. It's either gonna be me or my dad that finishes this car, and I really hope it's him. This car will stay in the family forever, and no matter how hard times get, it's priority number 1, right next to the house.

Dad had an extra 360 block laying around at work and he's gonna let me have that to start a project. I always loved 'cudas and Challengers since before the "revival". now I just need money and another job!

CudaKeith

Reaction score
It's good to see a father/son team working together. Make sure you check out Carlisle in July for the Mopar show.

Nitrocide595

Reaction score
If I can, I'll be there! I also wanna go to "mopars at E-Town" in Jersey this year.

Dad's alwayss too busy for the forums, so that's why it's sorta my job to look around, find deals, and info. if he's at work, I try and answer my own questions. When I was younger, I used to just go out in the garage when nobody else was home, get in over the roll bar, and just sit in there having racing fantasies... those were the days lol NOW I'm in my own car sitting in traffic a lot. My 03 impala's a driver... comfortable... but I still crave that V8 rumble and the raw metal feel of a mopar

Last edited:

Nitrocide595

Reaction score

RexDub

Reaction score
There is a ton of pros here, I m not (yet) But your going to love it here! welcome to the dark side..

moparleo

Reaction score
:icon_thumleft:Welcome to the party...
So he needs a drivers manual window regulator ( available used from someone here ) a black package tray, and trim clips for the moldings ?

The package tray and trim clips are readily available from numerous suppliers like YearOne.
Is that all he needs?:dontknow: Sounds like the car will be ready in about a week.

Nitrocide595

Reaction score
that's what I thought too, but he's got a different agenda, it turns out.

The automatic Tranny had a manual shift kit in it and it worked great for a long time, but it started getting screwed up and started locking 2nd and 3rd at the same time, so the rear locked up on him when he was just hotrodding around the neighborhood a little bit. He has about 5 transmissions stashed away at work he wasn't using- he took the good parts from each of them, bought the new valve body, and assembled it at work. we took the old one out yesterday and the "new" one should be in by friday (we think). He ordered a new torque converter only to find he had the exact same one in the garage in a box already that hadn't shown its face in 20 years or so. The Tax returns is the only source of money we have free for the car really. So this year was some drivetrain stuff, and then the money ran out (stupid bills to pay...). Money's tight and at this point we don't even know if we all have gas to get to work by the end of the week. He was close to ordering the regulator, but it didn't pan out. I told him to order the package tray with the regulator to save on shipping- it's a $20 piece of cardboard, but wound up being $80 after shipping from yearone last time I checked.

I'm working now, so hopefully I can contribute a little (and hopefully it'll give me the right to drive occasionally :p), but I got my own project in mind I'll be saving for, plus my own bills. I WISH it would be ready by next week

I might try and go with a '70 Challenger if I save enough and one comes around for the right price... but that's a long ways off.

tony72

Reaction score
I feel your pain but keep with it it will pay off in the end. The cuda looks great so far.

Nitrocide595

Reaction score
can't get those damn pics to work... I'll work on it some more after work today. it really isn't that difficult lol

Got the new tranny in yesterday, now we just need the driveshaft cut to fit

Back