• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Has anybody ever heard of a V code 1972 Challenger???

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I drilled my '68 RR apart at the spot welds almost completely during the resto process and I didn't even find the ones that were supposed to be there! Lol!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Jeff, I was thinking about it and you should check the engine crossmember for the coin with the part number on it and also the build date should be stamped on it too.

burdar

Reaction score
I don't think 72's have a coin. My 73 doesn't.

The 72 V code B bodies are unique because it was originally going to be an option. Just a handful of cars were built before the option was discontinued. BB's in 72 E-bodies were never an option.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The VIN's that were considered 'hidden', when the cars were new, are the VIN's on the cowl and radiator support. The one not 'hidden' is on the dash pad.

(Lost the quote from page 2 somehow. )

Last edited:

mopar jeff

Reaction score
Thanks Burdar.
Do you have any place I can reference this to? Did Mopar actually build a 440" 6pk in a '72 Challenger? :dontknow::eusa_eh:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Jeff, to repeat a few questions. Did the car come with a/c? Does it have torque boxes on the frame rails? What are the numbers on the torsion bars?

Reaction score
Again, Is it just me, or does it seem a lot of people come here asking what something is worth, then never respond back again? lol

DetMatt1

Reaction score
No reason to close a thread that has the potential to invoke interesting conversation.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
See? Now if the thread were closed for whatever reason, I still can't think of one, that little bit of enjoyable banter wouldn't have happened. This place is not very busy and has a rather low post count so why worry about locking threads?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
If you see a post that's not "quality" enough for you Leo, then don't respond to it. I wasn't aware that this was your forum.

Back