• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Header/Ground Clearance

Coupe

Reaction score
By the way, even ceramic coated headers rust, just more slowly. I suggest trying stainless steel if you can spring for it.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
By the way, even ceramic coated headers rust, just more slowly. I suggest trying stainless steel if you can spring for it.
For as much as most drive their cars these days even if they do start to rust. They will probably out lives most of us. Lol. Custom stainless headers are costly. Probably $3500.00 for a real nice set.

Fishgutz

Reaction score
SS headers would be very nice, and outlast all of us! Reality is, TTI doesn’t build shorty SS headers for B or RB engines. As 6PKRTSE said, if available, the cost would be very expensive.
Gonna be enough cubic $$ as it is!!

Coupe

Reaction score
For as much as most drive their cars these days even if they do start to rust. They will probably out lives most of us. Lol. Custom stainless headers are costly. Probably $3500.00 for a real nice set.
Got to thinking about how much they would cost. It appears TTI doesn't offer them in stainless. I got satin finish ceramic coated. They were no where near the $800 mark they are today, so stainless, if you can find them, probably are in the $1500+ range.

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Got to thinking about how much they would cost. It appears TTI doesn't offer them in stainless. I got satin finish ceramic coated. They were no where near the $800 mark they are today, so stainless, if you can find them, probably are in the $1500+ range.
Like you said “if you can find them” , especially in the shorty version. TTI has an outstanding reputation, I’ll get an order placed after the holiday madness settles down. All said and done, this best way to achieve the goal of getting more exhaust clearance.

heminut

Reaction score
Must be a LOT slower! I've had my ceramic coated TTI headers for 15 years and still no rust anywhere.

Back