• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

headers again

booyaballer

Reaction score
I need headers too and will look into the TTI. Apparently I may have BB headers ( i don't know what BB is). I'll have to inspect them closer.

To add to this thread though, what finish on the TTI are holding up best for you guys?

IMG_4479.jpg

Adam

Reaction score
BB is big block; anyway, I have Headman headers, the ones with the 3/8 thick flange. They fit ok, without dimples, but are really close to the mini starter and torsion bar.

moparleo

Reaction score
I have the polished, ceramic coated with the thermal barrier. Cooler under hood temps and excellent corrosion resistance. Excellent fit, workmanship. ease of plug changing and wire clearance. No down side to me. I believe in the old saying that " Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten" My car is worth it to me...

Cratos

Reaction score
Hedman has a fix for the tight fit on the drivers side # 78538 Dave C at hedman fixed me up. everyone have a great christmas and new year!!

gave me lots of room now !! I'll post a photo later :)

70chall440

Reaction score
I have used many different headers on E bodies, I currently have a set of Schumacher tri-Y on my 440 Challenger and they are great, problem is that Schumacher is no longer in business. I have TTI on my Cuda (small block) and as has already been said, I have never seen any headers fit as well as TTI. I have seen them on BB cars and they fit exceptionally well there as well. Others might fit well but I have not seen it.

fasjac

Reaction score
Agree, TTI is the easiest fitting I’ve dealt with on BB. I’m using ceramic coating with thermal barrier as some others here. No complaints.

booyaballer

Reaction score
I received my new TTI headers and i'm getting ready to install them. Just had a couple questions for the brain trust before I get going.

I previously learned the hard way that coolant comes out the header bolts. Do all the header bolts need sealant or just the ones closest to firewall?

Other than cleaning off the block surface, anything else I should do or consider addressing while the headers are off?

Thanks!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Small block only the 2 end holes go into the coolant ,
Big block all 6 go into the coolant .

moparlee

Reaction score
The front and rear holes are open to the coolant jacket. But I had one of the others that also leaked coolant so to be sure, put thread sealant on all of them.

Eugene

Reaction score
i use american racing headers and they are the greatest headers ive ever had everything is easy to work on, starter is easyto change, plugs easy, they are stainless steel ,american made , and install like no other headers no dings , they slip t0gether , never rust, my transmition exploded and they survived without and damage. mne are 2" into 3" collector . the never rub on anything , i cant say enough about them but are hassel free and last headers you will ever buy . they cost alot but are worth it.100 percent american made . and quality is top notch.

heminut

Reaction score
I've been putting headers on muscle cars since the 70's and have used several different brands over the years, in both Chevy and Mopar cars. I never had a set of TTI's until I did a Gen III Hemi swap into my 70 Cuda. After installing and using the TTI's (they've been in the car for over 10 years now) I will never use anything but TTI headers anymore.

Back