• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Headers for E Body

tnrbrown

Reaction score
Have a 1974 Challenger with the following:
ps, pb, factory ac - soon to be converted to vintage air.

What are the best headers in the market and easiest to install. I am hearing TTI or Hooker Pro Comp.

Rob C

Reaction score
I have and LOVE my Hooker Super Comp headers, note, I said Super Comp, not the regular comp headers. The Lakewood Scatter sheild did not let the header clear, the one and only cave eat of the Hooker Super Comp and the tti headers. TTI recomends cutting the scatter sheild. (Boooooooooooooooo)

tnrbrown

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I was a little concerned due to the fact that some of the headers require you to remove some of your front suspension.

Rob C

Reaction score
Not with the Super Comps I have. The regular Comp headers are the normal one size fits all everybody makes. I hate them. never again will I use them. I'll wait to save the money. Screw it. It's soooooo worth it.

shadango

Reaction score
I LOVE the Dougs headers I installed on my 318 Barracuda.

Fair price, awesome fit and finish and install.

Aussie Challenger

Reaction score
TTI, they are a little more expensive but the fit is like OEM & MOPAR is all they make.

Rob C

Reaction score
The Hooker SUPER comp headers are pricey as well, not as much as the TTI's and will fit in easy.

They however do not clear a scatter sheild. I know you said you have an auto. trans, but I figured it's worth a note to others reading.

TTI's also do not clear a scatter sheild and TTI recomends cutting the sheild for clearance. I do not know if that is OK by the NHRA or equal/other such governing bodies of the speedways.

tnrbrown

Reaction score
Thanks for all the information. Sounds like I will go for the Hooker Super Comps. I was looking at the Shorties, but figured might as well go for real headers.

Hitman

Reaction score
I use the super comps on my big block.. No fitment issues at all and can change the mini starter without removing them.. Plugs have to be changed from the bottom though..lol

004 (2) (Large).jpg

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I just put a set of Doug`s on my 318 with a Pypes SS exhaust system. Fit great,looks awesome,easy access to the plugs. However in the footnotes it says it wont fit with a 727 trans. Why that is I don`t know there must be a way they would work anyone know what the issue is?

Cudafever

Reaction score
Hooker Super Comp on my 70 Cuda with 3 different smallblocks in the past 16 years. Same header........Yeah worth the money!!!!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
if cost was no object TTI would be my first choice , thick flanges against the heads , thicker tube material , thermal barrier inside the headers & ceramic outer coating , Dougs would be the second choice , nothing else has the quality

Rob C

Reaction score
Nice picture Hitman, to bad it is a big block which doesn't fit the current engine in the topic. A 360. Though this is noteworthy IMO for big block guys, no doubt.

joekamm

Reaction score
I just got hedman tight tube small block headers for my 73 340 cuda for xmas. They look great ,hope they fit great. Already have small starter. The full length heder i have scraped holes in the tubes that exit in front of steering link because car is lowered a bit . Very frustrating. I will post pictures when I get around to install

moparleo

Reaction score
Nothing fits like the TTI. Multi choice finishes, perfect fit, best quality materials, no bottoming out in dips, no dented tubes, no flange leaks, built only for Mopar's, what else could you want ? Happy New Year !!!

390racer

Reaction score
Who has the best deal on the tti headers for small block?
Thanks

Back