• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Headlight bezels on 72 Cuda 340

seneca

Reaction score
This is no big issue but I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this ( no pun intended ) just to satisfy my curiosity. During a repaint of my 72 Cuda 340 last year the body shop said I needed new bezels for the headlights. I ordered them and dropped them off at the body shop when they arrived. When the car was finished I noticed that the new bezels were black with the front edge bead chrome. When I got home and looked at the old ones they are all chrome. In looking at pictures of 72 Cudas on line I see most are black but occasionally there is one with all chrome bezels. I know these are the originals on my car because I am the original owner and they have never been changed before. Any ideas about this?

moparleo

Reaction score
Some times that depended on what color the car was. The 71 grille was some times body color and sometimes argent. Same for the shaker bubbles. Since you bought the car new, do you have the fender tag and build sheet ? If so, check the build sheet grille options.

Back