• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Heads Up! Scammed by member MOPAR JEFF on 1970 T/A Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

xx66426ci

Reaction score
I purchased the T/A listed here. The deposit was mailed to him on 2-24-2014, and was paid in full on 2-28-2014. I drove 3000 miles to pick the car up, and took possession of the car on 3-6-2014. I was not able to fully inspect the vehicle due to the bad weather.

http://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum...L-1970-T-A-Challenger-for-sale!-(project-car)

***Jeff marked the thread as being sold so it would be locked so I would not be able respond after he stopped answering my calls***

I didn't want it to come to this, but Mark/Jeff hasn't left me a choice. Jeff will my not answer my phone calls now.

After Jeff had been paid for the car, and me arriving to his place to gather the parts, there were no bumpers for the car (clearly stated in the ad as having the front and rear) and that the tail spoiler pictured in the ad, on the car, had been removed and was now not included. Not to mention the front and rear valences he offered to me were unusable. The car was not as pictured or as stated in the ad.

When I arrived back in Dallas, I discovered that the passenger side quarter had been replaced, and the drivers side quarter had some rust issues along the bottom, behind the wheel. Jeff admitted to knowing about this, yet he did not tell me or state it in the ad.

I contacted Jeff with my concerns, as I felt it was NOT as advertised. After speaking to Jeff, he agreed to send me a set of bumpers, the front and rear valences, the tail spoiler, and the driveshaft. I told him I would rather him send me a check for reimbursement on the parts, as I had concerns about the quality of the parts he would send me after him stating he could purchase the bumpers for $50 and could not assure me of the condition of the parts.

I will update if Jeff decides to make this right.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
On the bright side you have a TA. Hope you both can work out the differences.

crocha617

Reaction score
So you picked it up yourself, gathered the parts, and loaded it up.
Then drove to Dallas and inspected it. This doesnt sound like a scam to me. Maybe you should of inspected before you bought it.

Last edited:

xx66426ci

Reaction score
So you picked it up yourself, gathered the parts, and loaded it up.
Then drove to Dallas and inspected it. This doesnt sound like a scam to me. Maybe you should of inspected before you bought it.

Jeff pressured me on getting him the payment, so he was paid in full before I ever saw the car in person. Yes, I drove almost 1500 miles straight stopping only to fuel up and eat, to meet with Jeff the morning of the 6th to pick the car up. It was 9 degrees outside, and snowing that morning, not to mention there were quite a few items to load up, I didn't have a chance to inspect the car due to the weather. Jeff told me he did not have the bumpers, and the tail spoiler was not included as I was loading the parts up. I didn't have the time to look closely at the car to see the lower quarter on the drivers side had rust, and that the entire passenger side quarter was replaced at one time or another.

Ray

Reaction score
We'll I try to stay away from posting comments on subjects like this. However since you physically picked up the car and parts it seems to me you knew what you were getting. So regardless of the weather you should have spent the time to inspect properly. I'm probably wrong but it just seems more like a case of buyers remorse.

Last edited:

xx66426ci

Reaction score
We'll I try to stay away from posting comments on subjects like this. However since you physically picked up the car and parts it seems to me you knew what you were getting. I'm probably wrong but it just seems more like a case of buyers remorse.

This is NOT a case of buyers remorse, this is a case of someone totally misrepresenting a car, and trying to hide several issues with it. I never said anything about returning the car, I wanted Jeff to compensate me for the missing parts.

I just wanted to get what I paid for.

4404spd

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with your request. You didn't get everything with the car as advertised.

ramenth

Reaction score
There're two sides to every story.

Jeff can PM me to unlock the thread so he can present his.

ramenth

Reaction score
I just received this from Mopar Jeff:

Mopar Jeff said:
Hello Ramenth. This is "Mopar Jeff". I received a message from one of the other members that Jacob Biczo (aka: xx66426ci) was slandering me on the forum.
I would like to clear the air on this matter: On the day that Jacob Biczo (age 18?) and his Grandfather showed up to pick up the car and parts, it was sunny, clear and 34 degrees outside (it was not snowing. -Any weather site can verify this). They spent an hour and a half looking at the car (while I was installing the new tie rods on the T/A) BEFORE loading it onto their trailer. (...Note, that I didn't have to install these new tie rods, but Jacob did not seem to recognize what a tie rod was, and the old ones were removed, so to make it easier for him to steer/load the car onto his trailer, I installed them for him). This was plenty of time to inspect the car for any issues.

After the car was loaded, we proceeded to my barn, to get the parts included with the car. "Jacob" then spent an additional 2-1/2 hours painstakingly (OCD?) loading each of the parts in his Grandfathers truck. -Note: Before he left Dallas Texas to come to MI., I had asked him twice to bring his copy of the detailed list of the "parts included" in the sale so nothing would be overlooked. ...Needless to say, he neglected to bring his copy of the list. However, I had everything stored for this car on parts racks in my barn so it would be consolidated to one area.

With regard to the bumpers cores and aftermarket rear spoiler, Jacob left them sitting in the barn. He sat them off to the side to get at the other parts on the racks, and Jacob left them behind. Jacob called me after he arrived back in Dallas, and stated he didn't have the bumpers or the spoiler. -I offered to ship these items to him, but not at my expense. (It was not my responsibility to make sure he had not overlooked anything that went with the car) -I am still willing to let him have these 3 parts, but I shouldn't be responsible for the shipping cost. Jacob "insisted" that I was to pay for the shipping costs. (Why???)

It is important to understand I did not misrepresent this car in any way. I stated everything that I knew about the car in the listing. -It is 100% Jacob Biczo's (the buyer) responsibility to inspect his purchases BEFORE making any payment, or deposit to secure the car. He clearly understood that he was making this purchase "AS-IS, WHERE-IS", with no warranties written, nor implied, and that all sales are final. It is also Jacob Biczo's responsibility to ensure that he obtains all of the parts included with his purchase.

I am asking that any and all accusations toward me be removed from this site. This is clearly a situation of someone with buyers remorse, slandering me because they did not follow through with their due diligence to ensure that they would be satisfied with their purchase. As well as, making sure that they had loaded ALL of the parts that they purchased. Once again, he may have the 2 bumper cores and aftermarket rear spoiler that he is entitled to, but, I will not pay for the shipping costs. You may contact me if you have any further questions.

Thank You, "Mopar Jeff".

Sorry, Jeff, we don't usually delete threads unless they become a real issue. We've run into this situation before, trust us to handle it as impartial "jurors."

Your side of issue is now stated before the same public which read the OP's statement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back