• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from Alberta Canada

74ChAARger

Reaction score
I have been looking for a Challenger to fix up, here in Alberta, Canada. There are very few fixer uppers, lots of nice finished cars, though. So I drove to another city in Alberta last month, the wife came along for company, and we looked at a 74 Challenger for sale easy resto. It was missing a fender, the hood, steering box and steering wheel, and most of the glass. The trunk and cowl were in good shape, not too rusty, but the quarters were. Just in front of it was a 70 Chal, 340 car, motor missing, but all the parts were there, rally hood, too. The owner said it was not for sale, oh well, I would like to restore one like that.

I saw another member on here went to see this car, too. This collector has some more cars in the garage, too. So, I start looking for another one to buy. There was one in another province, restoration started ! A 1971 car, with motor 318, trans, disc brakes, and 8 3/4 rear. So, I hook up a trailer to the 3500 Dodge I use for work, and go to get it on the long weekend.

The 1971 car was in Ontario, and Canada is pretty big, took all weekend just to get there. I loaded the car up and drove back. This car needs lots of work, too, but it is all there. I would like to go the T/A clone route and transplant the 408 stroker with 6 pack from my charger. But first the body work. They salt the roads in Ontario, so there is rust behind the rear wheels mostly. The salt trucks were busy around Lake Superior, when I drove back there was freezing rain, then snow, and then very cold temperatures. The roads were closed in North Dakota, but open on the Canadian side. The 4X4 on the pick up got a good work out.

I will start a build thread when I start work on the car, I want to put it on a rotisserie, and do a good job.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to a great site! Congratulations on finding your project car. You must have gotten caught up in that North Dakota blizzard. My home state BTW, in my younger years.

74ChAARger

Reaction score
Yes the same storm, but it was on the Canadian side. The trans Canada highway was closed for a while in Manitoba.

74ChAARger

Reaction score
Just an update. I had looked at a 70 Challenger last fall, but they did not want to sell. It is an old drag race car, full cage, fuel cell, slicks, etc. Someone had been raiding parts and got the grille, tail lights and dash cluster. No motor, but not much rust. I bought it too, tryin to make a T/ A clone out of it. 1970 challenger 005.jpg
Fiberglass hood and front fenders.

1970 challenger 005.jpg

74ChAARger

Reaction score
The pictures on this site are easy, find the icon of a square with a tree in it, click and browse to your pictures. I sold the fuel cell and the racing wheels and slicks, now the car needs wheels, seats, fuel tank, grille and front valance, etc. 1970 challenger 001.jpg

1970 challenger 001.jpg

Back