• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from British Columbia, Canada

fasjac

Reaction score
The biggest problem is I live in a smal
That’s awesome! You guys can do it. I think having two people is the real key. There’s a lot of info out there, just take the time and do it once. My buddy had his issues with the order in which the bows went in. Not sure exactly what or why because I wasn’t with him. He just said he needed more hands. Ha. He’s a bit stubborn and won’t ask for help. A little like me!

It’s good to hear your daughter helping you. I don’t hear enough of that these days. Looking forward to seeing the progress. 👍🏻

Yearsbehind

Reaction score
That’s awesome! You guys can do it. I think having two people is the real key. There’s a lot of info out there, just take the time and do it once. My buddy had his issues with the order in which the bows went in. Not sure exactly what or why because I wasn’t with him. He just said he needed more hands. Ha. He’s a bit stubborn and won’t ask for help. A little like me!

It’s good to hear your daughter helping you. I don’t hear enough of that these days. Looking forward to seeing the progress. 👍🏻
I think we can too. Yes, we put all the rails in the spots & in the right holes in the roof as there are three different holes,before we put them in the headliner so they were in the right places. And yes having the extra set of hands makes a huge difference. I think I sound like your friend too, lol. That’s why my Daughter is helping me. It will take two just to get it inside the car now, lol, without wrecking it. Yes it’s great my Daughter is helping me. Need that extra hand. Will keep you updated. Thanks

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
It's been hot here a lot and I continue to stretch it thinking the wrinkles will come out. No such luck. I bought a heat gun and have a spray water bottle to simulate a steamer. That's for tomorrow. Got the glass, cat whiskers, and side view mirror installed today. View attachment 97037
HEY HEY DON'T DO THAT!!! NO HEAT GUN! unless you or someone else is experienced.make sure you make mistakes before you try. A Professional knows there next move to keep way from mistakes. a Steamer is best. look on ebay and shopgoodwill . 20 bucks if that.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO .

British Columbia, Canada​

welcome to febo.jpeg

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
HEY HEY DON'T DO THAT!!! NO HEAT GUN! unless you or someone else is experienced.make sure you make mistakes before you try. A Professional knows there next move to keep way from mistakes. a Steamer is best. look on ebay and shopgoodwill . 20 bucks if that.
I seen a steamer at Harbor Freight for $130. I'll go get it now, dang. But thanks for the heads up.

Flat-Tappet

Reaction score
Welcome, from a Mopar Noob. Cool to think you’ve had your challenger for 40 years. I’ll be watching the progress.

Yearsbehind

Reaction score
Thank you very much. Yes its been a long time. I drove the car for a couple Great years. Then decided to redo to factory like the day it came out of the assembly line. Started buying parts, there is a lot more parts now then back when I was buying. I've hauled the car everywhere I've gone. Then in 2005 I got hurt in a workplace accident when a chunk of coal landed on the back of my neck & change my life completely. I was lucky I wasn't Paralyzed as 2 discs were squishing spinal cord. Not much has changed since surgery, now I have a Bulged Disc & a Protrusion squishing my Spinal cord & a pinched nerve in my left hand. Been on long term Disability ever since. Lost my Driver's Licence for 3 1/2 years because of that injury! That was Harsh, no independence. Now I can only put in a few hours a day & sometimes that is hard to do! The car was on hold for a lot of years as it just sat in the garage collecting dust but out of the weather. It's been a long time coming but we are almost there. I can see the light at the end of the Tunnel. I'll post new pics as we progress. Thanks again

Flat-Tappet

Reaction score
Sheesh, what a catastrophic injury - from a lump of coal… we never know what’s around the next bend, do we?
but it seems persistence is paying off for you after having both the car and parts stash moved wherever you go.

>>>Started buying parts, there is alot more parts now then back when I was buying.<<<

I’ve seen this greater parts availability for Mopar in recent years, too. I was considering restoring a Mopar back in the 1990’s, but several friends suggested that the lack of parts availability may make it more difficult than I might expect.
I ended up restoring a 65 Mustang then, and at that time, nice used and NOS OEM Mustang parts were readily available and not very expensive. Two weeks ago I was Talking to a guy restoring a 65 Mustang at a cars n coffee event. He told me it’s mostly repro parts available now, and OEM parts are harder to find And more expensive. Time marches on…

Looking forward to seeing you getting your Challenger completed and over the finish line.

Yearsbehind

Reaction score
Sheesh, what a catastrophic injury - from a lump of coal… we never know what’s around the next bend, do we?
but it seems persistence is paying off for you after having both the car and parts stash moved wherever you go.

>>>Started buying parts, there is alot more parts now then back when I was buying.<<<

I’ve seen this greater parts availability for Mopar in recent years, too. I was considering restoring a Mopar back in the 1990’s, but several friends suggested that the lack of parts availability may make it more difficult than I might expect.
I ended up restoring a 65 Mustang then, and at that time, nice used and NOS OEM Mustang parts were readily available and not very expensive. Two weeks ago I was Talking to a guy restoring a 65 Mustang at a cars n coffee event. He told me it’s mostly repro parts available now, and OEM parts are harder to find And more expensive. Time marches on…

Looking forward to seeing you getting your Challenger completed and over the finish line.
Yes, we never know what tomorrow will bring. I live for Today only now as tomorrow might not come. Yes, lots more parts today then 20 years ago. Funny, back in the 1990's I also had 2 Mustangs. The first one was a 71 with a whale tail on the back & the 302 Boss with automatic tranny with stage 2 shift kit. Went Great. Had it ready for paint but got rear ended at 100 by a monte carlo that put the trunk in the back seat.. & folded the console between us in half. My passenger hit the dash so hard his teeth came thru his bottom lip. That car was wrote off by insurance. I got the car back for parts & bought a 72. Swapped everything out of the 71 into the 72 & that winter it was parked in our driveway & was hit by a lady who lost control of her truck so that was when I decided, No More Fords. I sold the Mustang for parts & I got that 73 Challenger the next week. Time marches on for sure. No turning it back. Getting the Challenger completed & over the finish line is what I'm living for right now. Have a good safe afternoon

Back