• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from CO & UT

projectmopar

Reaction score
Hello,

Many of you know me from other forums or at the races with the different Mopars through the years. If not racing in competition I'm teching cars for NHRA or local track owners (I have found the best ideas on improving my ride by checking yours or others). Look at the Pro Stockers when you have a chance, check how the car is put together and all the neat little brackets that do several things that help to cut weight. The sport has come 100 fold in improving safety for the driver and those watching.

Thank you for your time, have to go now....

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! That's an impressive history you have in your album! Good to have you here.

CudaKeith

Reaction score
Nice to have you here, what's the biggest no-no you see when first time racers try to tech their car in?

projectmopar

Reaction score
Nice to have you here, what's the biggest no-no you see when first time racers try to tech their car in?

Sorry for the late reply, been out of town.

Biggest "no-no" for first time racers: cars/trucks - no seat belts, bald tires, batteries not secure, leaking liquids, automatics in gear with motor turned off can be started (switch adjustment or bad switch allowing this to happen)..... Motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATV - improper clothing, head gear not SFI certified, no lanyard for kill switch, bald tires, no chain guards...... These are starters we look for, the list goes on depending how fast the vehicle runs.

Some new racers don't know how fast their vehicle is (guessing or trying to get by with claiming its slower than other like rides). There have been times after a first time racer makes a pass that we needed to find them in the pits and let them know for the equipment they are using they need additional items for the ET/MPH they just ran (usually clothing on bikes, seat belts, helmets on 4 wheel vehicles).

A few will get upset and get in your face, then you have to explain what the NHRA/IHRA safety rules are, show them in the association book, etc. Most will see the light, but there's always the person that has a friend that said... We try to handle everyone the same, not making waves if at all possible as they are paying our wages. But the bottom line is safety and nobody needs to get hurt because a rule wasn't enforced.

:wav:

Back