• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from Down Under

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

You'll have to bear with me for a while I'm afraid. She's on her way over by ship. So it'll be awhile before I get her into my shed. I can't wait to get stuck into the 383, when that's re-built that sweet rumble ...
Welcome aboard from Wisconsin! Your thread reminds me of when I sold my 70 440 SixPack Challenger to an Aussie from near Sydney. (the one in my avatar) He bought it in November 2012 and I don't think he got it until February 2013. I remember it went to California where is spent a few weeks before getting loaded into a container. Then spent a month on the ocean before reaching Sydney where is was in quarantine for another few weeks before he could pick it up. I remember it was a nightmare for him. When he did pick it up it was filthy dirty with a dead battery because some idiot left the ignition switch on. Ruined a new red cap Mopar battery in the process.
Not trying to burst your bubble or anything just a heads up for what may be to come. It is pretty obvious those transport people don't have much respect for expensive equipment. Hopefully your transaction will have a better outcome. Good Luck to you and your new R/T

Dodgey

Reaction score
Well, she's finally home in my shed. Considering she travelled across America on a car carrier, on two container ships and a final car carrier to home it all went pretty well. A couple of light scratches in the paint that will need touch up at some point, but no dents.
Need to rebuild the 383 and the 727 first up. Happy to have her home in my shed to be able to tinker with as time permits. 😊

IMG_5700.JPG

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Glad your car finally made it home. Appears to have taken about the same length of time as my old car did to Sydney. I see from the picture that your car is missing the Dodge script on the hood as well as the scoop inserts. Were they missing to start with? I was just wondering since my car left with the hood scoop inserts intact but somewhere along the trip got stolen as they never made to Sydney.
Anyway....Good luck with your new toy. The only other thing I noticed is you may want to spray a little satin black paint on the core support behind the grille.

Dodgey

Reaction score
Glad your car finally made it home. Appears to have taken about the same length of time as my old car did to Sydney. I see from the picture that your car is missing the Dodge script on the hood as well as the scoop inserts. Were they missing to start with? I was just wondering since my car left with the hood scoop inserts intact but somewhere along the trip got stolen as they never made to Sydney.
Anyway....Good luck with your new toy. The only other thing I noticed is you may want to spray a little satin black paint on the core support behind the grille.
Dodge badge and scoop inserts were not installed prior to shipping - so not stolen.

Good pick up on the core support!

Back