• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from McPherson College

falcben

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My name is Ben, I am a sophomore at McPherson College, studying Automotive Restoration. Recently I acquired a 1970 Barracuda, 383, 4-speed. It is in fairly rough condition as far as rust on the body, but all the supports seem to be solid, with the exception of the front frame rails which will need some work. It is a Y09 car, so it was an "exported" car, which I find very interesting. B5 blue with white interior and a white top. I have the 4-speed transmission with a pistol grip, and the 8 3/4 POSI rear end.

I sold my previous project, a 1929 Model A Sedan that I had chopped 3 1/2" to pay for the Barracuda. I also found a 440 block with a 6 pack intake and breather for a steal since I don't have the original 383 for the car.

I am headed out of country for the summer months on an internship, so work will not be done for a few months. I will be putting together a plan and ordering parts over that time, and will begin with rust repairs when I return for my next school year.

More pictures will come as I get it disassembled for the summer.

Photo May 07, 10 03 19 AM.jpg

Photo Apr 12, 2 05 07 PM.jpg

Photo May 04, 2 21 04 AM.jpg

Photo May 04, 2 21 57 AM.jpg

Photo May 04, 2 22 06 AM.jpg

Photo May 09, 5 40 34 PM.jpg

Photo May 09, 12 18 34 AM.jpg

Photo May 09, 12 18 59 AM.jpg

Photo May 09, 12 19 24 AM.jpg

Adam

Reaction score
B-5 with white interior is a nice combo. What color was the vinyl top? It strikes me as odd that it is an a/c car, with manual steering, and manual brakes...

Hard to tell in the pics, but it looks better than what I started with.

Good luck with your project!

Btw, don’t throw any parts away & get quality, American made, spot weld cutter for the roof panel. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! That looks like a helluva project! Post up some pics of the ‘29 you sold to buy this one please? As Adam said, a good spot weld cutter will be your friend on this project and Blair is the best.
My ‘68 RR 4 speed post coupe was originally an ac car with no power steering or power brakes too, very unusual.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome and good luck with Barracuda project. Very nice color combo as Adam stated. See this one to the end you’ll be glad you did.

falcben

Reaction score
B-5 with white interior is a nice combo. What color was the vinyl top? It strikes me as odd that it is an a/c car, with manual steering, and manual brakes....

Definitely weird, I agree. I love the color combo! It had a white top. I plan on doing a white hockey stick as well.

Post up some pics of the ‘29 you sold to buy this one please?

Photo Apr 13, 12 19 48 AM.jpg

Photo Jan 09, 4 25 02 PM.jpg

Photo Jan 17, 8 38 55 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 31, 3 54 55 PM.jpg

340challconvert

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from New Jersey
McPherson College is considered one of the best schools in teaching auto restoration technology.
Way to go.
Nice job on chopping the 29.
Looking forward to seeing your work on the Cuda.
There is always something new to learn when members share their work.

Dino2 (1).gif

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan. Good luck with your training, nice to see you getting into the restoration business.

Back