• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from NYC - please don't hold the location against me

oneof52

Reaction score
I've seen more than one restoration with a (or the) clear coat OVER the hockey stripe. I believe from the factory, there was no clear coat and definitely, the decal was the top layer over the quarter panel paint.

That said, putting the clear coat OVER the hockey stripe protects it very well, and I approve, even though it may not be dead-nuts accurate for an OEM restore.

That red barracuda has beautiful paint. Too beautiful to be factory original, IMO.

Just to be clear..... the purpose was to protect. The clear coat as mentioned protects the hockey stripe. This car is restored with whatever REASONABLE original parts as possible. It will not see Mecham, but will see me smiling and driving. I am making changes that were not original, but effective.... like covering the entire interior with KilMat to insulate and deaden external sound. Putting LED headlights that LOOK like the originals and not Jeep lights. Thanks you for the thumbs up, much appreciated .

oneof52

Reaction score
I have an extra offset plate for the rear window defogger, but not the flat piece that closes it off. I started to fabricate the flat plate, but did not complete it. I also have the motor. Let me know if you are interested. Welcome on board!
Can you share some pics? also what would be asking price?

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Hello, I am interested. I just found out my Radiator fan and clutch are for Cuda 73/74. So i need a fan and clutch as well.
20220521_090017.jpgRear Window Defogger-1.jpeg
Here are the photos you requested. The single molded piece piece I still have. I am missing the flat piece that the defogger and the speaker fasten to. I started to cut out/fabricate this piece, but was able to find a re-pop from someone and stopped. You are welcome to the molded piece.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
What is your asking price, with or without the motor ?
$20 plus shipping, Idaho to New York. Or if you are near the state line and want to spend a few bucks on gas, I'll be in Allentown from about July 5th until the 26th.

oneof52

Reaction score
That sound good. I am in zip 11363, let me know total cost and how I can make the payment. T

oneof52

Reaction score
$20 plus shipping, Idaho to New York. Or if you are near the state line and want to spend a few bucks on gas, I'll be in Allentown from about July 5th until the 26th.
Hello, just checking to see how we can complete the purchase

Big AL

Reaction score
A good friend and life-long New Yorker, once said this about NYC people: They are the nicest people you could ever know, thoughtful and considerate. But when they think their rights are being violated, the claws come out, and prepare to defend yourself.
That's what people also say about Chicagoan's

73Banana

Reaction score
Hello everyone and I am happy to be on this site. My original 70 Cuda 440 six pack was purchased in pieces in 1977. Top Banana/Lemon Twist, 440, auto. Spent 25 years rebuilding with old parts, and when new parts plus internet was available, re-did it again.... correctly. The one I am finishing up is a 70 Cuda 440-6, 4 speed, FE5 red with vinyl top, numbers matching 1 of 52 (has the consolette), it has every option that was offered. There are still a few items like a rear defogger set that is very illusive, which has the speaker offset that I am searching for. If anyone has any leads, please let me know. I love working on cars since I was 14 and hope to finish this in a couple of months. Happy to be with like minded Mopar owners.
Welcome, Bronx born here. Now upstate. Ride is awesome.
If i knew how to upload pics i would.

Back