• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from NYC - please don't hold the location against me

oneof52

Reaction score
Hello everyone and I am happy to be on this site. My original 70 Cuda 440 six pack was purchased in pieces in 1977. Top Banana/Lemon Twist, 440, auto. Spent 25 years rebuilding with old parts, and when new parts plus internet was available, re-did it again.... correctly. The one I am finishing up is a 70 Cuda 440-6, 4 speed, FE5 red with vinyl top, numbers matching 1 of 52 (has the consolette), it has every option that was offered. There are still a few items like a rear defogger set that is very illusive, which has the speaker offset that I am searching for. If anyone has any leads, please let me know. I love working on cars since I was 14 and hope to finish this in a couple of months. Happy to be with like minded Mopar owners.

Cuda U Code

Reaction score
Welcome from TN. Sounds like you have a long history with
restoring e-bodies.

pschlosser

Reaction score
Hello from NYC - please don't hold the location against me

A good friend and life-long New Yorker, once said this about NYC people: They are the nicest people you could ever know, thoughtful and considerate. But when they think their rights are being violated, the claws come out, and prepare to defend yourself.

tonysrt

Reaction score
I lived in a part of NYC , Queens, until I smartened up and moved out East. Deblasio ruined the City and Adams is following in his steps. How are those speed cameras working out for you? Car thefts were a regular crime and crime now is so out of control.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Howdy from Colorado!

Would love to see the fender tag. A BS car with a consolette is pretty rare and cool!
I saw the rear defroster for sale not too long ago. Not sure where but if I bump across it again I'll post it up for ya.

Let's see some pictures of your cars!!

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
IMG_1924.jpeg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO. More people more opportunity more problems and a lot more decent people. I have known quite a few good people from there. And now other one to get to know. Thanks for joining.
welcome to febo - Copy.jpeg

oneof52

Reaction score
A good friend and life-long New Yorker, once said this about NYC people: They are the nicest people you could ever know, thoughtful and considerate. But when they think their rights are being violated, the claws come out, and prepare to defend yourself.
These days it seems like we are constantly defending ourselves

oneof52

Reaction score
Howdy from Colorado!

Would love to see the fender tag. A BS car with a consolette is pretty rare and cool!
I saw the rear defroster for sale not too long ago. Not sure where but if I bump across it again I'll post it up for ya.

Let's see some pictures of your cars!!
I replaced the Yellow Cuda's headlights recently and now they have Original looking but LED. The lone non-Mopar car is my 1981 Pontiac Trans Am, with a 4-speed manual, non-Turbo. Has less than 10k original miles. The red one is loaded with almost every option. You can see the hard headliner which holds the consolette. Next week, installing KilMat to the entire car and then starting the interior.

The cars paint is 85%-90% really good, minus some small chips. Can anyone recommend an honest body and paint in NYC or East of the city that will fix the chips without recommending to paint the entire car?

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

IMG_8528.jpg

IMG_6777.JPG

oneof52

Reaction score
I lived in a part of NYC , Queens, until I smartened up and moved out East. Deblasio ruined the City and Adams is following in his steps. How are those speed cameras working out for you? Car thefts were a regular crime and crime now is so out of control.
Correction, you mean DeBozo. Adams is DeBozo 2.0. I am in Queens, edge of Long Island and beginning to see the changes, maybe time to move.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I have an extra offset plate for the rear window defogger, but not the flat piece that closes it off. I started to fabricate the flat plate, but did not complete it. I also have the motor. Let me know if you are interested. Welcome on board!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Great looking rides! Even the pontiac.
Nothing wrong with the bird. I have a trans am as well. Fun cars.

Does the red 70 originally have the hockey stick? Is that original paint?

pschlosser

Reaction score
I've seen more than one restoration with a (or the) clear coat OVER the hockey stripe. I believe from the factory, there was no clear coat and definitely, the decal was the top layer over the quarter panel paint.

That said, putting the clear coat OVER the hockey stripe protects it very well, and I approve, even though it may not be dead-nuts accurate for an OEM restore.

That red barracuda has beautiful paint. Too beautiful to be factory original, IMO.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the desert!! Nice looking cudas! And we won't tease you too much about the Firechicken!

oneof52

Reaction score
I have an extra offset plate for the rear window defogger, but not the flat piece that closes it off. I started to fabricate the flat plate, but did not complete it. I also have the motor. Let me know if you are interested. Welcome on board!
Hello, I am interested. I just found out my Radiator fan and clutch are for Cuda 73/74. So i need a fan and clutch as well.

Last edited:

oneof52

Reaction score
Great looking rides! Even the pontiac.
Nothing wrong with the bird. I have a trans am as well. Fun cars.

It has the hockey stick, not the original paint, but it is the original color. FE5. Almost complete with both, target drive date is last week of July. Thanks for the look. I was driving the trans am when someone came and said "Smokey huh?" I told him, Smokey was the police chasing the bandit. I always play Jerry Reed before I ride.

Back