• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Greetings from the new guy.

Cu8D3A

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Darryl and like everyone else that is new created an account and decided to " lay low and lurk around". Well, that was short lived so I guess an introduction was the next order.

First off, Happy Belated Veterans Day to all the vets. Being one myself I feel that it is important to take the time and recognize your service and self sacrifice to this country. If it were not for you, well there would be no us.

I was born and raised in the state of Louisiana, and decided to move to Atlanta. Love my home, it's my heart, but I grew tired of the country life and decided to move to the big city.

I'm a classic car fanatic! I don't discriminate between the BIG 3 love them all, your taste, is your taste, period. That's what I have grown to love about this hobby. You do what you want to your car. It's "YOUR" car. And I'm a firm believer in that. I have only had time to go threw a couple of forums but from what i have seen, many members may have the same car, but everyone has their own twist, shape, bend, or variation to make it their own, and that is why I came here hoping to be granted access to this club.

OK, on to the meat and potatoes,
IMG_0168.jpg

This is my 70 Cuda.
Nothing special about her other than the fact that she is mine and all mine.
This is the only car that i have ever wanted on earth and i was lucky enough to find her.
Rust Bucket?... Yes
New Everything?... Yes
Only thing SOLID on this car was the foundation, and that is why I acquired her.

This is my first project that I'm undertaking:

Yes, I know its a lot, but I am not in a hurry, and I know I will get frustrated at times but I am determined to get her up and running under her own power. Most importantly my wife is a car girl, and is actually on board with me on this one, (so long as I promise to do one for her once I'm finish with mine:)) and I have all of you V.O.E (Veteran's Of Ebodies) to look for with the guidance, advice, motivation, and at times "intestinal fortitude (balls;)) that I may sometimes need to continue this journey.

I am currently collecting parts, I have not started the process of the rebuild just yet, I'm still trying to gather all the info, materials and anything else needed to undertake this project. If anyone can refer me to another thread that has done a car in this condition then I would greatly appreciate a link or anything and everything useful pertaining to this kind of restoration. I don't know much about any of this but I am a good listener, and a great learner when I put my mind to it, and I promise, that my mind is on this. So please don't shun me if I ask lots and lots of questions pertaining to random things. I'm honestly just trying to learn things as I go or i'm looking for guidance, or I just don't know.

Plans:

As far as right now, I plan on restomoding her. I want a daily driver, I want to cruise, I want to hop in and if I decided to cruise from Atlanta all the way back to Louisiana, only thing I have to worry about is my butt going to sleep from cruising so long LOL. I'm not looking to make an extravagant about of power, but I would like to know I'm still in a muscle car ya know. Just a clean Cuda with a nice stance, and a low throaty growl:cool:.

Well, I think thats about it. I feel as though I have covered everything that needed to be addressed. I apologize if i have been a little "Long Winded" but I wanted to make sure everything was covered and this intro was solid. Thank you for your time and patience while reading my post. More pics at the bottom of the condition that she currently sits in and more to come as parts continue to roll in.

Darryl.;)
IMG_0169.jpg
IMG_0170.jpg
IMG_0173.jpg
IMG_0174.jpg
IMG_0175.jpg
IMG_0178.jpg
IMG_0179.jpg
IMG_0180.jpg

Adam

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Darryl! former 11B myself. I am assuming a lot here, but it looks like you will need to do some panel replacement; not that hard but can get tedious. 1. get a good drill and American made spot weld cutter like these: Spot Weld Cutter Drill Bits 3) 5/16 Inch Cobalt Made MadeInTheUSA.com. Chinese ones are cheaper, look good, but will not last, trust me.
2. You will need a little mig welder like a Lincoln 140 or similar... don't worry if you do not know how to weld, easy set up, and a little practice will take care of that.
3. Get a good 4 1/2 in angle grinder... Harbor Freight is good only for consumables like 40 grit flap discs, for dressing welds.
4. I have had good results with AMD replacement panels. All brands of panels will need something, IMO.
5. Form a plan like front to back, take pictures, measurements, and do one side at a time...

since you asked for links, here is one of my current projects Challenger

Cu8D3A

Reaction score
Thank you for that!!

Fortunately your thread was the first one that i have seen and I love it. Very detailed. So if you don't mind I will be picking your Brain for knowledge alot!!

Adam

Reaction score
Anytime.. this site has an incredible amount of knowledge and experience.

moparleo

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. You will find a lot of info by checking out the various Forums. They are divided by subject and will help a lot. Here is a link to start off with that has a lot of good info. Save the different sections and/or print them out for future reference.
MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information look on the left side of the page for other subject links. Also join as many Mopar related forums as possible and refer back to from time to time as there is more than one source for information.

Cu8D3A

Reaction score
Thank you for those links guys, and thanks for the warm welcomes. I appreciate them all

Cu8D3A

Reaction score
To Be honest, I haven't even gave it a thought. I've been studying and researching on body work so much I can't see anything else's. Maybe I should now that you have mentioned it.

Cu8D3A

Reaction score
hi guys, I'm in the process of stripping down and labeling bolts and parts that i can salvage. Came to the door area and pulled the bolt. Was just wondering if anyone could identify this color. Seems to be the original color of the car, and I'm growing fond of it as I see it more and more around the car. Thanks for any input in advance.

IMG_0429.JPG

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Looks like EV2 Tor-Red or EK2 Vitamin C. No fender tag or build sheet with this car?

Cu8D3A

Reaction score
I wish.. but Unfortunately no only the vin tag. Any idea where I can look that info up and or get replacements if that is even possible? I would like a to know the complete breakdown of my vehicle.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Unfortunately not, once those get separated from a car they almost never find there way back. There are a couple of people that collect found build sheets and make them available to the owners of the cars. Galen Govier is one of them and he actually published his list of build sheets in the Mopar Collectors Guide years ago. I think there's also a build sheet lost and found on the Hamtramk Historical site.

Back