• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from Wilmington NC

rnb69

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Looks like i'm the new guy now. Pretty surprised I haven't found or been introduced to this forum until now. I've looked around a few times in the past & come up empty when trying to find useful Mopar forums. I found yours yesterday & trolled around a bit, finding some pretty interesting posts & topics. I figure if i'm going to troll around, it may pay off to join so i can get some of my own questions/curiosities about mopars answered.

A quick little bit about myself. I bought my first mopar in 1988 as a senior in high school. A black 1970 440 six pack 'cuda. The original engine & six pack goodies were gone. Maybe I shouldn't call it a six pack, but that's what the VIN said it should have had under the hood. Only thing I could confirm correct to the car, drivetrain wise, is the transmission and VIN #. I raced it a fair bit at the dragstrip. Unfortunately the car was totalled about 2 years later in a rear ender that put the right rear corner of the bumper in the back seat. Body wise, the only thing left that was salvageable were the doors & front fenders, although damaged from being pushed into the car in front of me. Right rear qtr was folded up badly, left rear buckled and roof buckled. Pretty nasty impact. I bought it back from the insurance co since i didnt want to see it crushed. Sold it about 17 years ago to a friend who had more resources & ability to possibly bring it back to life. I bought another 70 barracuda shortly after & swapped the drivetrain from the wreck into it. I still own that one. It's certainly not much to look at, but when it's running, it's one heck of a good time. At first glance i'm sure most folks would think i just pulled it from the salvage yard(which ironically is where I got it from in 91). I raced it for a few years before money & moving for my job more or less stopped me. It's been apart several times for various reasons. It's currently in a "project" state which will no doubt have me bringing up questions & the need for any advice from those more experienced than myself.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow Mopar enthusiasts.

70CUDA4SPEED

Reaction score
Welcome aboard from a swedish guy with relatives in Wilmington NC, me and wife was there last year in November, hope to come back this year.

rnb69

Reaction score
Hope these come out ok. Some pick of my car before the wreck.

scan0001.jpg
Black Cuda at dragstrip0001.jpg

scan0001.jpg

Black Cuda at dragstrip0001.jpg

rnb69

Reaction score
This ones after the 1st wreck. Guy ran a stopsign & T boned me. Got it fixed up & back on the road after a couple months.

scan0004.jpg

scan0004.jpg

rnb69

Reaction score
This ones after the last wreck in 1991. Rear ended (obviously eh?). aprox 45mph hit. The guy never hit his brake.

scan0001.jpg

scan0001.jpg

rnb69

Reaction score
This is the current project. Pic taken 1993 I think. Looks pretty much the same. A bit more faded & rusty now, but fun none-the-less.... Was fast by early 90's standards. pretty much back of the pack now as I haven't really changed much. Engine in the garage now, front end sheetmetal on the back patio. Should be bac on the road/strip within the next copule months & keeping up with the Jones's

My red 70 Barracuda.jpg

My red 70 Barracuda.jpg

Back