• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from Manila

sombrero

Reaction score
I'm a relative new mopar owner and have had the luck and opportunity to own 2 mopars from it's previous owners who had made them garage queens- a 68 440 charger and a 71 340 challenger. I've been in a long journey into restoring these beautiful cars and through the years, I have only been a Google lurker as I do a lot of research in restoring my cars. FBBO and FEBO are my two bibles. The amount of sharing and learning in these forums are absolutely invaluable.

Thank you for accepting me as a new member.

sombrero

Reaction score
Hi Dematt thanks for the welcome! These are the 2 (former) garage queens. really lucky to have them both. It's been quite a pain to get them in daily driving condition but the chally being the first one, was a long list of "to dos", the current a last major investment being a restoration back to Borgeson gear box steering. The Challenger was converted horribly to rack and pinion and the geometry is all off. the car front tirestoes in moving forward, and toes out on reverse gear. The steering was just plain bad.

IMG_6590.jpg

IMG_9164.jpg

Last edited:

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Nice 68 Charger and 71 Challenger!

Assuming they haven't messed up the 71 Challenger frame where the k-member bolts or the area where the upper control arms mount, it will be a relatively easy (though not very cheap) conversion to a more stock steering and front suspension. As been proven many times, the stock Mopar suspension with a few tweaks and upgrades will handle like the car is on rails.

sombrero

Reaction score
Howdy and welcome from Colorado.

So, the cars were former garage queens.
Are they outside now? Outside in the Philippines?
Thanks for the warm welcome. Theyre in Manila w me. Slowly getting them warmed up for proper street driving.

sombrero

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Nice 68 Charger and 71 Challenger!

Assuming they haven't messed up the 71 Challenger frame where the k-member bolts or the area where the upper control arms mount, it will be a relatively easy (though not very cheap) conversion to a more stock steering and front suspension. As been proven many times, the stock Mopar suspension with a few tweaks and upgrades will handle like the car is on rails.
Yes this appears so. The problem really is how expensive things got so quickly bec they cant find all the parts that were taken off in the first place! So not only am i restoring all the front end suspension i basically had to buy all of the steering parts.

Dont shoot me when i say that i did a full ridetech setup on the ebody.

My build list so far (whats been done):

1. chassis restoration- rust being a garage queen took it's toll.
2. good thing body work, and body panel had no rust
3. full under coat
4. engine rebuild - put voodoo 10200703, resleeve pistons down to 0.020" (pistons got overbored 0.060")
5.edelbrock heads
6. 26" Champion radiator replacement
7. full front end restoration PST
8. revert back to Borgeson from Unisteer
9. full US Car tool stiffening except wheel tubbing
10. Full TTI long headers, H-pipe exhaust
11. wheels were already Yearone 17" when I got it with full disc brakes
12. the whole thing (don't kill me) is in Ridetech.
13. Lights and grill were incorrectly restored to 70. This is an engine matching 340 1971 A833 4 speed.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Unfortunately, with the prices of everything, you don't have many options when the stock suspension parts are missing! I love the Lunati Voodoo cams!

sombrero

Reaction score
Unfortunately, with the prices of everything, you don't have many options when the stock suspension parts are missing! I love the Lunati Voodoo cams!
Not just.. even just buying the reflectors for the rear tail lights alone are worth more than their weight in gold. It’s a love hate relationship I tell you.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan! Nice Mopars :thumbsup: .
Hopefully you don't have to replace the grill.

Back