• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello my MOPAR friends!!!

rmjmaddog

Reaction score
I've been a life long Mopar freak and have enjoyed these great cars since my earliest memories. My first encounter was walking to school in the first grade. I walked these couple of blocks to school many a day, then to my surprise sitting on the curb was this brand spanking new Sublime Green 69 Super Bee. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen!! That black strip on the trunk with the Super Bee emblem contrasted by the Sublime Green color blew my mind. It was way cooler than Dads 59 Impala. I don't remember mush else like what engine or transmission it had, I was too young to worry about that. Seems like all we worried about was looking in the driver side door window to see how high the speedometer would go. That must be how fast the car would go right? Those were the days. Thanks for having me.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Great story, mine was similar except it was the neighbors across the street that got a black ‘68 Charger and would work on it in their driveway while I sat on the curb and stared at it. This was around ‘74 and ever since(well not as much anymore) the hair on my arms would stand up whenever I saw another. I’ve been a Mopar guy since before I knew what it was. Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

rmjmaddog

Reaction score
Great story, mine was similar except it was the neighbors across the street that got a black ‘68 Charger and would work on it in their driveway while I sat on the curb and stared at it. This was around ‘74 and ever since(well not as much anymore) the hair on my arms would stand up whenever I saw another. I’ve been a Mopar guy since before I knew what it was. Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
It's funny the little things that shape our lives especially in our younger years and how they influence and stick with us.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Orange 70 Cuda at the house behind me , I was blown away with the turn signals hidden under the front header , drooled over that car , probably just a 340 !
Welcome

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Arkansas!
Green Superbee 4 doors down from my house in Mississippi with huge slicks. A few days later his buddy showed up in a cuda. Seeing both at the same time, I was hooked👍🏻

340challconvert

Reaction score
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Thanks for sharing a really great memory. Always enjoy a "back in the day" story about our Mopars.
When I was in high school, my bus used to pass a Dodge dealer every morning. In the showroom window was a bright red 69 Dodge Daytona. The wing on that car really stood out among the other cars in the showroom. The car sat there for a while, past my 1970 graduation, then was finally gone; then Challengers started to fill the void. Started me on wanting to own a Dodge early on!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I too.when I was a young teen. A 70 plum crazy Super Bee with black strip .It was park across the street at a business.I Remember it had the window sticker.I didn't know what that was at that time.I think they have the meanest looking front end the Badist ass end and everything was cool in between. When that thing fired up. I would run from the back yard to the street to see and hear it go. It didn't have a hood ornament like this one.

Attachments

• 1970-dodge-superbee-plum-crazy-purple-amazing-car-frame-off-restored-1.jpg
    1970-dodge-superbee-plum-crazy-purple-amazing-car-frame-off-restored-1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 119

rmjmaddog

Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes and I just have to say those Super Bee's not only have great Bumble Bee Tail Strips but they sure have eye catching hood ornaments or emblems or what ever you call them too! ☮️

Back