• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

HELP!!Upgrade K frame coilovers w/rack

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I am building a 70 prostreet Challenger for street use only. I know its crazy to talk about handling on a car like this. BUT , I would like to change the front k frame to a coil over with rack and pinion. I want to get rid of torsion bars and bulky frame and install disc brakes. Heres where the problem is. I can only find 2 companies that make such components. RMS and Cap auto. They are very pricey, looking at $5 grand for one. Does anyone have one of these or know of another manufacturer? Please let me know. Thanks

ramenth

Reaction score

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Wow !!! Thanks for that info. I guess I'll steer clear of Cap. I'm sure they have resolved some problems since that fiasco... But..... not willing to chance it. Thanks, RB

burntorange70

Reaction score
Don't run CAP any thing. RMS is the way to go. XV has nice stuff too but it is high buck. Does Magnumforce make any stuff for E bodies? Not that I would run a MF any way. They are set up to run the spring in the shock tower. Not a good design. RMS all the way.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input . I guess it will most likely be RMS. Car is in the body shop now getting all the China sheetmetal massaged into shape. Quite a task in itself. Thanks

70 Challenger 016.jpg

rbbruno3

Reaction score
It is. its not mine though. This was at the shop that blasted and primed my car.

ramenth

Reaction score
Why don't you start a restoration thread in the member's restoration area and give us some blow by blow details and more pics of your car?

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Ill try to get one started, Have a problem with the pictures being to large. Not real sure how to make them smaller. RB

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. alot of my pictures are on my computer already. Will try to take new pictures in that setting. Thanks again

burntorange70

Reaction score
You can try to resize them. Think photobuckets is one place to do it. Or if they are just a little to big you can crop them some. But if they are way to big that will not work.

EbodyPro572

Reaction score
Use RMS!!!!!

I used Bill Reilly's RMS AlterKtion coil-over for many of the same reasons you want to do it. It's a fabulous setup! My 73 Challenger is black so had the pieces powder-coated black and some silver and it LOOKS AWESOME! You won't be disappointed. Only drawback is the your turning radius will be a bit larger. I got PICS of my install, too if you'd like to see some. Go with RMS! scott in MI.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
RMS

Yes thanks, I have talked to Bill. Thats going to be my choice . I've heard nothing but good things about there product. Also I like a business where a person answers the phone that knows whats going on (Bill). If you would send me pics I'd love to see the. Thanks, Rick
I used Bill Reilly's RMS AlterKtion coil-over for many of the same reasons you want to do it. It's a fabulous setup! My 73 Challenger is black so had the pieces powder-coated black and some silver and it LOOKS AWESOME! You won't be disappointed. Only drawback is the your turning radius will be a bit larger. I got PICS of my install, too if you'd like to see some. Go with RMS! scott in MI.

Back