• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help with finding Broadcast Sheet

Snakedoctor

Reaction score
In search of the broadcast sheet for my 1970 Barracuda. Car is now located in Illinois but came from either Michigan or Minnesota? about 10 years ago. Previous owner had 2 or 3 Cuda's and made a tasteful attempt to clone this one to a Lemon Twist AAR. The car was born as a 318 car and since I do not have a fender tag I have presumed it was an automatic originally. Best I can tell it was originally Burnt Orange, but I could be wrong on that.

VIN is BP23G0B155402

If you have this or have a good lead, please email me at [email protected]

strycker

Reaction score
does anyone own another 71 sunroof car?

IMG_0170 (1).JPG

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
@strycker

Start a new thread. This is a total hijack. Has nothing to do with this guy searching for his broadcast sheet.

@Snakedoctor
Does your car retain it's original motor or transmission?

Have you contacted the previous owner and asked what he did with that fender tag? Probably in his tool box.

strycker

Reaction score
Sorry i'm a newbie and probably am messing up but i have my broadcast sheet and know the whole history of my car from day 1.I just couldn't start a conversation and so piggy backed on another member.sorry. all i wanted to know is if there are any more 71 sunroof owners out there

Snakedoctor

Reaction score
@strycker

Start a new thread. This is a total hijack. Has nothing to do with this guy searching for his broadcast sheet.

@Snakedoctor

Have you contacted the previous owner and asked what he did with that fender tag? Probably in his tool b

@strycker

@Snakedoctor

Have you contacted the previous owner and asked what he did with that fender tag? Probably in his tool box.
The guy I bought the car from had it for 10 years and has lost the contact info for the guy he bought it from. And that is the guy I suspect might have what I need. Engine/trans do not match.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
@strycker

Go to the upper right hand corner and click the search bar. Type in sunroof and you will see over 10 pages of conversations about the sunroof.
I am always looking for a 72 sunroof cuda. The only year cuda sunroof.
Plenty of conversation to be had on multiple threads. See you on those threads.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
The guy I bought the car from had it for 10 years and has lost the contact info for the guy he bought it from. And that is the guy I suspect might have what I need. Engine/trans do not match.

Figures. That is the pits. I am sure you have stewed over how to figure out where the car came from. Is the trail truly just cold now?

Google searching would be the only way now.
Unfortunately google doesn't run through fakebook so if it were mentioned there it won't come up like any other conversation on a forum.
Have you googled your vin yet?

Snakedoctor

Reaction score
Yes, I have Googled. The guy who had the car restored is proclaimed to be a true Mopar guy. Having a real AAR, and a few others. It is my hope that he might be an active user on this site or another like it that I've posted on asking for info.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Good move. You might also try listing the vin on the other for only sites.
I know, A,B,and C body guys could care less about the E body crowd but often times the mopar guys are on one of those.

strycker

Reaction score
@strycker

Go to the upper right hand corner and click the search bar. Type in sunroof and you will see over 10 pages of conversations about the sunroof.
I am always looking for a 72 sunroof cuda. The only year cuda sunroof.
Plenty of conversation to be had on multiple threads. See you on those threads.
thanks for the info

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Yes, I have Googled. The guy who had the car restored is proclaimed to be a true Mopar guy. Having a real AAR, and a few others. It is my hope that he might be an active user on this site or another like it that I've posted on asking for info.
How about some pictures of it posted here? We can talk about it all day long but how’s anybody from its past gonna get their memory jogged without pics?

DetMatt1

Reaction score

NoCar340

Reaction score
I checked Hamtramck Historical (an excellent resource) but came up empty-handed. Still, it's worth keeping an eye out there; if your build sheet surfaces he'll send it to you with proof of ownership.

I'm assuming you've already checked all the usual spots on the car by now.

Snakedoctor

Reaction score
I checked Hamtramck Historical (an excellent resource) but came up empty-handed. Still, it's worth keeping an eye out there; if your build sheet surfaces he'll send it to you with proof of ownership.

I'm assuming you've already checked all the usual spots on the car by now.
Yes, I've checked all the obvious spots. Everything in this car has been redone and I'm confident it was removed as part of the restoration process. Or possibly even before that. Hopefully it still exists and wasn't destroyed.

pschlosser

Reaction score
A broadcast sheet for a 318 car may have been considered junk some years ago. A very, very long, long-long shot to find it. I've observed more than once, when the sheet IS found, the holder wants a significant amount of money for it. Very sad, but if you do find it, it may still be out of reach, which is really dumb. Because it's only of value to the current car owner.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Don't give up hope. Not everyone is out for a dollar.

I just picked up this broadcast sheet at carlisle.
It's a BH23G0B188016 barracuda sheet. Would be more than happy to reunite it with the car. Free to the owner.
It does not have M46 on it however.
I continue looking for an elusive M46 B.S.

20230722_210547.jpg

20230722_210535.jpg

Back