• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

hemi block questions

blown71cuda

Reaction score
i cant find the info im looking for. im looking to buy a cast 426 hemi block but refuse to pay the ridiculous prices out there for a 66-71 block. people want over 3 grand with blocks that are windowed. my question is which mopar performance blocks are good? From what i hear the ones made by world products are junk. another thing i heard when mp first started recasting blocks cummins was doing the casting. is this true? does anyone know part numbers of the good blocks to get? Im planning on over 500 inches and it will be blown so want a good block. i have a line on a nice keith black aluminum water block that is gonna be my fall back plan if i cant find a good cast block for a decent amount.

moparleo

Reaction score
Since I assume that you are not personally building this engine, I would recommend that you find a shop to build your engine first and let them recommend the parts that you need since their name will be on it. Just asking randomly online to people you don't even know about their opinion on which part to buy is almost funny. The people best qualified are the people that build them. Indy, Barton, Larry Sheppard, Arrington, Muscle Motors and the list goes on...

Back